The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Trackey question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Guys

I have a friend with a trackey and no tune.

When you buy the boss new does it come with both grey and red keys and then you can get your dealer to program it or do you get two grey keys?

Both my cars had been programmed by the dealer so I can't answer this

Thanks

Yup,
your two keys are one red/one grey. As delivered from the factory, the operation of the car with both keys is the same . No difference until the track key voucher has been purchased and then programmed by a ford dealer. There was and is allot of misinformation/confusion that led some to believe that the track key feature is active from the factory since both keys work at delivery time. Make sense?

Thanks,
BT.

thats all cleared up then

i thought that perhaps the car was shipped with 2 grey keys and when you purchased the trackey they put a red sticker on the key fob

lol

TMO Supporting Vendors