The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

TracKey software approved. Now what.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I will have to say I do fell bad for the guys who bought this car right when it came out they should get the track key for free for the wait I just got my car and look forward to this being released knowing it is very soon.

No. I work for Ford, and I know people who are involved. The processor is capable of having two programs stored at once, it's not even new technology, the dual program capability is the same technology used for 'MyKey" which on most cars is a way to make the car NOT do things, like no radio if the seatbealts are not buckeled, top speed 65 MPH etc... you program for your kids, or a valet key etc.... and you can do that in your BOSS, too, just look in your manual. Anyhow, TrackKey is just another MyKey program, it's just intead of making a key for your kids to use, it's a key to never let your kids know even exists :) It's based on the Boss 302R race program, (as is the black key program) with less of the stuff removed to make it legal and sane to sell OEM. That said, as someone who sells a lot of aftermarket stuff, and as someone who has driven on with it enabled, it's not a program you want to use when you're driving the car on the street. It's cool, and of course, everyone is gonna buy it, and no one is gonna say they're disappointed with it, but for most people, after the cool factor wears off you're gonna prefer to drive it with the black key program. Or at least I think so. (and I'm still gonna buy it)

Factory Tech said:
No. I work for Ford, and I know people who are involved. The processor is capable of having two programs stored at once, it's not even new technology, the dual program capability is the same technology used for 'MyKey" which on most cars is a way to make the car NOT do things, like no radio if the seatbealts are not buckeled, top speed 65 MPH etc... you program for your kids, or a valet key etc.... and you can do that in your BOSS, too, just look in your manual. Anyhow, TrackKey is just another MyKey program, it's just intead of making a key for your kids to use, it's a key to never let your kids know even exists :) It's based on the Boss 302R race program, (as is the black key program) with less of the stuff removed to make it legal and sane to sell OEM. That said, as someone who sells a lot of aftermarket stuff, and as someone who has driven on with it enabled, it's not a program you want to use when you're driving the car on the street. It's cool, and of course, everyone is gonna buy it, and no one is gonna say they're disappointed with it, but for most people, after the cool factor wears off you're gonna prefer to drive it with the black key program. Or at least I think so. (and I'm still gonna buy it)
Thanks for the info. After driving a Boss at Track Attack there is no doubt in my mind that I won't be using TK much on the street. More just to show off the lopey idle. I'll be having it installed ASAP after it's released.

Maui
Factory Tech said:

I went to my ford dealer in Maui to ask about track key for November 2nd and none of the workers in the service department knew about it. Will ford be releasing some sort of internal update for its workers soon so I can get it as soon as it's released on november 2nd?

808Boss said:
I went to my ford dealer in Maui to ask about track key for November 2nd and none of the workers in the service department knew about it. Will ford be releasing some sort of internal update for its workers soon so I can get it as soon as it's released on november 2nd?
I wouldn't expect the dealers to have any info until a week before it's available.

Factory Tech said:
This makes a lot of sense to me. Thanks for the info.

From what I have read and found through some good tunners the hp tuner will do what you are looking for I believe just look into it. Just be carefull if you dont know what you are doing then I would stay away from it cause it gives you the choice to change anything in your computer and you can screw it up to.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel