The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

TracKey Version 1.3....Anyone have Details

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I have seen bits and pieces on several postings concerning an updated version of the TracKey....Version 1.3. Does anyone have any firm information this? My dealership and techs cannot find anything on it. I have heard about a crankshaft sensor relearn, as well as a camshaft sensor relearn associated with this version of the TracKey.

Dvendet

Everyone's entitled to my opinion. ;)
BadPony said:
I have seen bits and pieces on several postings concerning an updated version of the TracKey....Version 1.3. Does anyone have any firm information this? My dealership and techs cannot find anything on it. I have heard about a crankshaft sensor relearn, as well as a camshaft sensor relearn associated with this version of the TracKey.
The update is version 2.0. I would strongly recommend you take your auto to another Ford dealer as these people do not know what they are doing. Version 2.0 has been around since May 1 and supercedes version 1.3. Version 1.3 is no longer available from Ford Racing.

MMD

Thanks for the update. They have been very good up to this point about taking care of any issues, I am a bit suprised they did not know of the update. I will let them know about Version 2.o being out since 1 May through Ford Racing.

Dvendet

Make sure you tell them that they must update their laptop computer so it has the latest IDS software revision. They can obtain this software update (insist they do this or your install will be delayed otherwise!) from the Ford Racing website:

http://www.fordracingparts.com/trackey/default.asp

This must be installed before they proceed with installing TK in your vehicle!

Make sure you bring BOTH keys with you. Also insure you have a full tank of 91 or better octane. Also bring your blue colored voucher which includes the Pin Number your dealer will need to download the TK software. And finally, provide your dealer with a written copy of your mailing address as Ford Racing will require it. Ford Racing will send you an emission sticky label which you are required to install on the driver's side shock tower. If this label is not present your state could reject your emissions test if you live in a state were emissions testing is required.

MMD

Dvendet

fuhrius said:
is that something dealers are charging for? (the upgrade from earlier software rev's)
No! You will automatically get the latest version of TK when they perform the install. This is part of the package you (or your dealer purchased for you) paid for to Ford Racing. If you already have ver 1.3 installed, you do not need to reinstall. Version 2 incorporates both 2012 and 2013 Bosses. Version 1.3 incorporates only 2012. There are probably a number of differences between the 2 versions but they probably are of no concern to you and in your case you may be better off with ver 1.3. I have gotten the impression that the earlier version of TK has a more impressive lopey idle. As you will expect this is an issue that will probably be debated for many years to come.

MMD

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel