The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

TrackGuys Lonestar Roundup at TWS- March 29-30

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tulsa, OK
Not right at all.

I've never been there but I'm looking forward to it. They are doing the 2.9 roval configuration. $290 for two full days. More information and registration can be found here:

https://www.motorsportreg.com/index.cfm/event/event.advert/uidEvent/47D4CB67-F2BA-51F8-1B41F0C72DB6302A#.UtSbq83qsgA

roadhouse said:
Not right at all.

I've never been there but I'm looking forward to it. They are doing the 2.9 roval configuration. $290 for two full days. More information and registration can be found here:

https://www.motorsportreg.com/index.cfm/event/event.advert/uidEvent/47D4CB67-F2BA-51F8-1B41F0C72DB6302A#.UtSbq83qsgA

You should come to NASA at Houston this weekend http://nasaproracing.com/event/1711

JScheier

Too Hot for the Boss!
That's the weekend after I'm at CoTA (instructing with BMWCCA). Last time I ran the car in Texas it broke in the first session of day 1. I'm hoping my luck is a little better this time :)

If things go to hell again, ya'll may see me pushing the car back from Austin!

JScheier said:
That's the weekend after I'm at CoTA (instructing with BMWCCA). Last time I ran the car in Texas it broke in the first session of day 1. I'm hoping my luck is a little better this time :)

If things go to hell again, ya'll may see me pushing the car back from Austin!

I'll be there Sat and Sun with my required right seat, can't wait to finally get on that track. Maybe you could show me the line?

roadhouse said:
Wish I could! I'm shooting for my first NASA event at Hallett later this year.

Will this be your fist NASA event or just your first this year?

The reason I ask is NASA tends to stick every new driver in HPDE1 for there first event, so they can see how well they drive. That is unless you already have a racing license. However, Hallett is only open to HPDE3 and up. So, if this is your first event with NASA you might want to check out going to one before this to be moved up to where you should be so you can do Hallett.

JScheier

Too Hot for the Boss!
smittytx said:
I'll be there Sat and Sun with my required right seat, can't wait to finally get on that track. Maybe you could show me the line?

Hopefully by Saturday I'll have it figured out :)

Last year I only got about 7 laps in before the clutch ate itself. This year I intend to extend the amount of laps!

I will say, it's a very difficult track to find reference points. Lots of counting for me.

Tulsa, OK
Budget Boss said:
Will this be your fist NASA event or just your first this year?

The reason I ask is NASA tends to stick every new driver in HPDE1 for there first event, so they can see how well they drive. That is unless you already have a racing license. However, Hallett is only open to HPDE3 and up. So, if this is your first event with NASA you might want to check out going to one before this to be moved up to where you should be so you can do Hallett.

Yes, this will be my first NASA event. Thanks for bringing this info to my attention. I know a guy who regularly participates in NASA events and he has offered to vouch for my driving ability so I don't have to go through too much to get a TT license. Hallett is my home track so I have a good amount of experience there. Although I should probably clear all this with the organizers prior to the event. We'll see :)

See at TWS in March.

roadhouse said:
Yes, this will be my first NASA event. Thanks for bringing this info to my attention. I know a guy who regularly participates in NASA events and he has offered to vouch for my driving ability so I don't have to go through too much to get a TT license. Hallett is my home track so I have a good amount of experience there. Although I should probably clear all this with the organizers prior to the event. We'll see :)

See at TWS in March.

This might help

Dave Balingit
Regional Director
NASA RockyMountain & Texas
303-539-9363 - Colorado
972-584-9375 - Texas

[email protected]
[email protected]

JScheier

Too Hot for the Boss!
roadhouse said:
Fantastic. Thank you sir.

You can tell Dave that I've been on track with you and will vouch as well. I'm one of his Rocky Mountain instructors and do many of the sign-offs from group to group.

John

Tulsa, OK
JScheier said:
You can tell Dave that I've been on track with you and will vouch as well. I'm one of his Rocky Mountain instructors and do many of the sign-offs from group to group.

John

Much appreciated John :)

Tulsa, OK
Does anyone know if there any gas stations that carry e85 in or near college station? I've looked around online and didn't run across any...

TMO Supporting Vendors