The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Tracking down a Boss owner's kit...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I bought my 13' Boss, production #609, a few months ago from the original owner. Car is immaculate and complete. However, I didn't realize until recently that it should have come with a Boss owner's kit. My understanding is that the kits are numbered to the car and include a variety of goodies including a numbers-matching key chain.

I contacted the original owner and asked him about the owner's kit. He told me someone had contacted him when the car was for sale and purchased the owner's kit before I bought the car. Huge disappointment for me. Being as these kits are sequentially numbered to the car, they should stay with it. I'm wondering why someone would have made the effort to purchase it separately, other than to re-sell it.

So my intention is to track down my car's matching owner's kit, if at all possible. Does anyone know of any resources available to find these kits? I really want the correct matching numbered kit. I've checked eBay but no luck there. I think there's a slim chance of finding it but I will continue looking. And maybe someone here even has #609.... I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Well...not to call him a lier...but how would someone contact him. And if I was the original owner, why would I sell it. I can guarantee that this kit will end up on EBAY..by the original owner

I know it's hard to trust people, and you're right. I don't get the feeling he's lying but anything is possible. Maybe he just wanted to keep it to say he owned one at some point.

He said that while the car was advertised online, before I bought it, someone called him and asked him to sell only the owners kit.

RRBoss302 said:
I know it's hard to trust people, and you're right. I don't get the feeling he's lying but anything is possible. Maybe he just wanted to keep it to say he owned one at some point.

He said that while the car was advertised online, before I bought it, someone called him and asked him to sell only the owners kit.

Call him back and tell him to see if he can contact the guy who bought the owners kit because you want to buy it from him or at least the ford certificate. He will magically call you back (I think he has it also). Either way maybe you can get the certificate back, as you can find the other stuff pretty much online and the certificate is worthless without the car.

Chris

Yeah I asked if he had the number for the guy who bought it. He says he doesn't have it anymore. You guys are probably right, he made a few extra bucks by selling it separate from the car.... :mad:

RRBoss302 said:
Yeah I asked if he had the number for the guy who bought it. He says he doesn't have it anymore. You guys are probably right, he made a few extra bucks by selling it separate from the car.... :mad:
Finding the owners kit will be like winning the lottery. I know it's not the same but maybe you should look into purchasing a print form http://fordimages.com/perl/skuProductCollection.pl?skuCollectionID=66&productTypeID=16&ckon=leftNav&sessionID=99b7b7e862e1caaf8c475b9e09df2485 Ford Images. It's a print of your car with a number plate with your name and Vin#.
Just a thought to help fill that void:)

Thread here already for lost & found owners kits;
https://trackmustangsonline.com/index.php?topic=4463.0
Would suggest you also keep an eye on ebay, I've seen at least 4 get sold there.
Currently one for sale;
http://www.ebay.com/itm/161155464226?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Thanks for that link! I'll be sure to post my info.

I'll keep an eye on eBay too....

Does the color of the kit match the color of the car it belongs to?

I agree with the others...calling BS on the original owner. He either still has it or he off offered it for sale to double dip and make some money. Nobody has ever contacted me out of the blue and asked me to sell my kit. I bet no one on here has ever been solicited for their kit without first offering it for sale.

cbj5259 said:
I agree with the others...calling BS on the original owner. He either still has it or he off offered it for sale to double dip and make some money. Nobody has ever contacted me out of the blue and asked me to sell my kit. I bet no one on here has ever been solicited for their kit without first offering it for sale.

I WILL BE THE FIRST...who wants to sell me their kit...needs to be for a 2012 Kona Blue that is very close to mt cars number....LOL

RRBoss302 said:
Thanks for that link! I'll be sure to post my info.

I'll keep an eye on eBay too....

Does the color of the kit match the color of the car it belongs to?

No, All of the 2012 kits are in a blue box.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel