The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Tracking your railcar shipment

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I know everyone whose car ships will be anxiously awaiting its arrival. If you want to follow it cross country, make sure you get the railcar number from your dealer. Here's how to track it. Call 1-800-235-2352. Enter "1" for location. Then you will be asked for the railcar's prefix. Mine is SP. You can either say it or enter it with a keypad. e.g. "SP" is 7471 on the keypad. Then you will enter the car #.

Have fun!

Thanks for the 411.

Tracking Your Boss By Rail Shipment

From another member here's the info for tracking your car by rail with CSX. If anyone has the info for tracking with Union Pacific or other rail carriers please post it.

With a railcar # you can track a CSX Transportation railcar, as follows:

Call CSX (1-877-744-7279) and then pick option 5 for railcar information, then option 3 for locate, which connects you to the TouchTrace automated tracing system. Once connected to TouchTrace you say "location". It’ll then ask you to speak the railcar initials (letters only) and then the numbers. Next say “done”, and the system will look-up and report the latest location information it has for the railcar.

Re: Tracking Your Boss By Rail Shipment

Dot Iam in socal do you know what train co delivers to socal?
my update today is its in production with a new ETA of the 27th.

Does anyone know what the story is if you call the 1-800 number the night before and it tells you your car left Mechanicsville, NY at 3:30 that afternoon and when you call this morning, it says there is no status available. Does this mean it reached its final destination, which was only 200 miles away in Davisville, RI? I thought I was finally onto something.......

Thanks, I have been on the computer and phone like a crazed lunatic all morning. I have now found the car was switched to a different railroad this morning at 0130 hours and is sitting in Worcester, Mass., waiting to be released to another railroad for delivery to Rhode Island. All of these delays and waits, I could have driven up there and gotten it myself.

I got a printout from my dealer, a vehicle visibility report, that shows my Boss arrived at Juction Point(Norfolk Southern Corp) at
Bingcprs, NY ?? on June 10. I don't have a train # etc so do you know what this means. I live just outside of Boston, MA so I am excited that my Boss may be close. There is an ETA of JUne 22. Any ideas on arrival time?
Jim
C/O

Jim,

For once, I can help someone out here! Yes, I do know what they means. You and I had the same ETA, so very likely, seeing we are both in the Northeast, our cars traveled together. The abbreviation you mentioned is Binghamton, NY. After the rail car left there, it went to Ayer, Mass. The rail car then went to Gardner, Mass., or as they refer to it as Worcester. I would be willing to bet you car is in Worcester and it will be trailered to your dealer, whereas mine had to continue on to Davisville, RI. I also believe they must have been in the same railcar, try this railcar number ETTX950492. There is no way this is a coincidence. The same ETA, leaving the same plant, arriving in Binghamton the same day, it has to be right. Let me know. Your dealer should have the railcar number.

I hope this helps!

Hey thanks for the help. After I read your post I rechecked my visibility report from my dealer. My railcar # ETTX909345 was on there. It actually was shipped on Norfolk Southern rail. Their tel# is 1-800-635-5768. I called and they said they were open 7am-7pm, it was after 7pm when I called, but got a live person (auto shipping by pressing 6). I gave him the railcar # and he told me the car was unloaded yesterday in Ayer, MA!!!!!!! Can't wait to call the dealer tomorrow and find out more! Thanks for the help and hope yours is right along to u too!
Jim

jim said:
Hey thanks for the help. After I read your post I rechecked my visibility report from my dealer. My railcar # ETTX909345 was on there. It actually was shipped on Norfolk Southern rail. Their tel# is 1-800-635-5768. I called and they said they were open 7am-7pm, it was after 7pm when I called, but got a live person (auto shipping by pressing 6). I gave him the railcar # and he told me the car was unloaded yesterday in Ayer, MA!!!!!!! Can't wait to call the dealer tomorrow and find out more! Thanks for the help and hope yours is right along to u too!
Jim
Good luck, I hope you get your car tomorrow.

TMO Supporting Vendors