The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Trackmaster GPS Troubles

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

First, I am slightly computer illiterate. That said let's move on.

I am going to the track this weekend and I am trying to get all this stuff I bought up and running.

First my equipment. A Samsung Galaxy S2, Contour Roam2 camera, and Qstarz BT-Q818xt bluetooth GPS thing.

I am having troubles with Trackmaster staying in sync with the BT-Q818. It, Trackmaster, will just shut down in the middle of recording. At least that is what I think is happening.

I've tried Racechrono, a viable option. Trackmaster is just a little easier. I've had no issues with Bluetooth and Racechrono.

Thanks....

isrboss

You already solved your issue yourself, use Racechrono. I find Racechrono to be a great free app for android.

drano38

Wayne
Not sure why its shutting down.
I had a Samsung Fascinate first, and the data worked great, but I had trouble with video.
So when able to upgrade, I got a Razor Max. Video worked great for about a year, but I got none a few weeks ago on a 3 day track event. It created 0 kb files. Sorta disappointing.
I'm guessing Trackmaster runs better on newer faster processing phones.

TMO Supporting Vendors