The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Tracks near Fort Campbell

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Texas
Does anyone know what tracks are close to Fort Campbell, KY? I'm going to be moving out there next year. There is also a slight possibility that I might go to Southern Alabama (Fort Rucker). I know Road Atlanta is about a 3 1/2 hour drive from Fort Rucker. Thanks

Churchill Downs. Perfect place to run a Mustang. ;D

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Texas
LindsayEOD said:
Dont do Rucker man. That place will steal your soul. How far are you willing to drive from Campbell?

Yeah, I'm trying for Campbell but right now I'm slotted to go teach flight school at Rucker. The nice thing about Rucker is the schedule. Mon-Fri job and no deployments for 3 years...Road Atlanta is close and so is Barber.

Tracks within 3 hours would be optimal but I am willing to drive further. Depending on where I am going I would say 8 hours would be my max and that would have to be for a special event.

Putnam Park is about 4 hours away. Unfortunately, you don't seem to be near too many at Campbell.
Ft. Rucker itself isn't really the issue, it's the local area. Enterprise is not the classiest of places and you aren't really that close to Montgomery for a quick run. I do understand the wanting a dedicated mon-fri job, though. Best of luck where ever you end up.

Hey Flyboy If you get stationed at Campbell no need for a track. I was stationed there back in the 80's with the Nightstalkers and we would just go out by the airfield or the the best place was the firing ranges for all out open speed. I had an 83 GT and the MP's at the time were driving the old K cars. Never could catch me. I am sure they can't catch you in this beast.

Another advantage of Ft. Campbell is that they have a Popeye's Chicken right there in the PX!
Plus, it is only about 20 miles from Gunblast.com World Headquarters. Lots of good hunting and fishing South of Campbell in Stewart County.
Hooters is in Clarksville about 8 miles away (I like chicken)

I can't help you on the track stuff. Track Attack at Miller is the only time I have ever been on a track.

Jeff Quinn

TMO Supporting Vendors