The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

TrackSpec Motorsports hood vent.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thinking about picking up a TrackSpec Motorsports S550 GT4 center hood vent to install in my 14 S197 hood.

Has anyone used these? They seem popular with Bmw guys.

I am just curious if the vents are strong, or flimsy? Ive seen a few videos on youtube, but nobody really goes over the quality of the vents themselves.

I installed them on my 2012 Boss 302.
Very strong,well built and lightweight.
Plan on buying a cleco setup for a clean installation.
Also just use a jigsaw for cutting,it’s a much cleaner and better looking cut.

Thinking about picking up a TrackSpec Motorsports S550 GT4 center hood vent to install in my 14 S197 hood.

Has anyone used these? They seem popular with Bmw guys.

I am just curious if the vents are strong, or flimsy? Ive seen a few videos on youtube, but nobody really goes over the quality of the vents themselves.

They’re anodized aluminum and seem to be good quality. These are on my car now:
175143752d3488477a7d53ea1cce646e.jpg535e879b91e4e6d51e4001e2d5173aaa.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
I do not have these on my car but they are very popular and appear to be very well-made. If these were available in 2012 or 2013, I might have added them to my factory hood instead of going with the Tiger Racing hood.

They’re anodized aluminum and seem to be good quality. These are on my car now:
175143752d3488477a7d53ea1cce646e.jpg535e879b91e4e6d51e4001e2d5173aaa.jpg

Perfect timing, been looking at these for my 14.

Do you have any other feedback to add regarding installation or performance?

Perfect timing, been looking at these for my 14.

Do you have any other feedback to add regarding installation or performance?

Easy installation and the heat pours out. Be aware that rainwater WILL flow in if that’s a concern for you. At speed wouldn’t be an issue but if you’re running an open air filter, something to be aware of. May also have some aero benefit at pressure under the hood is released. I’m happy overall.

I have the S197 specific vents on a 2012. I'm not sure the S550 version would fit on a stock S197 hood. They have a curvature to them to match the hood contours. Regardless, they seem to be very well built and the holes are big enough to stick your head through.

Last edited:
I have the S197 specific vents on a 2012. I'm not sure the S550 version would fit on a stock S197 hood. They have a curvature to them to match the hood contours. Regardless, they seem to be very well built and the holes are big enough to stick your head through.

I am specifically looking at the large GT4 center vent for the S550 hood, not the vents to replace the factory vents. Ill also throw in the 13-14 S197 hood vents from track spec.

I am specifically looking at the large GT4 center vent for the S550 hood, not the vents to replace the factory vents. Ill also throw in the 13-14 S197 hood vents from track spec.
Yep, I would contact tracspec and verify that the surface of the hoods have compatible curves. The louvers are not flat, they have a slight curvature to them, which is intended to match the stock hood.

yeah I sent TrackSpec an email, I also looked S550 Vs. S197 profile comparison photo's and the curvature of the hoods looks very similar behind the core support.

we will see.

TMO Supporting Vendors