The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Traction control lights stay on

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Has anyone else seen this light combination?

It was raining and I looked down to see these two lights on. The car was running and handling fine. It may have slid a bit on a turn but not more than a few inches if that. I hit the traction control button on the console and there was no change. When I got to a light I put it in neutral, held the brake and pushed the button in for 8 seconds, still no change. When I got home I shut the car off and when I restarted it the lights were no longer on. It was fine today, no lights. Was this just a glitch at the time? Or something I should have checked out?

2364BF5B-0AB2-425B-BE56-98C09272D3F7_zpsftumn2dv.png

At least you have a photo of the lights. If you have a reader and it shows a code snap a photo of it too for your dealer.

I'm running the winter tires now and the rears are 275/35 on 9.5" rims instead of 285/35 on 10" rims. I don't think that's enough of difference to impact anything. I'm going to leave it alone and worry about it if it happens again.

Thanks for the feedback.

302 Hi Pro

Boss 302 - Racing Legend to Modern Muscle Car
Southeast
Looks like your running the same diameter tires as they are 35's front and rear, yet the Boss PCM is set up for slightly taller wheels in the front, 40/35.

Since it came on just after a slight insodent, perhaps the PCM was triggered to apply those systems and in doing so, the lights stayed on?

I wouldn't worry about it now, I'm thinking it was just a PCM event recording that reset once it was cycled through.

Good luck and of course, should it happen twice, take it to the Dealer as soon a you can.

302 Hi Pro

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Texas
Well, I have had it happen to me because of wheel size mis-compare. When I run my track wheels and tires I have to turn everything off or the traction/advacetrac doesn't work properly. Sometimes it can get scary and has applied individual wheel brakes when I'm trying to go straight causing the car to turn = no fun

One of my complaints about this car is you can't completely defeat the advacetrac without eliminating the ABS when you pull the fuse.

TMO Supporting Vendors