The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Traction Control Settings for the track

What Traction Control/AdvanceTrac Settings do you run with?

• All Systems Enabled

Votes: 3 7.7%
  • All Systems off

Votes: 21 53.8%
  • Traction Control Off

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • AdvanceTrac Sport Mode

Votes: 10 25.6%
  • What's Traction Control/AdvanceTrac? Do I have that? Do I like pudding pops?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

roadhouse said:
Ha! ^this. It's probably easier on your car (at least your pads) to turn everything off. Your car will be more predictable too since you won't have the computer kicking in at inopportune times. Just my thoughts...

This, I was scared the first time too, first high horse power car that was mine. After having the computer cut power in the apex of a turn I turned it into sport. Next time out was full off and it felt 100 times better all off, actually less scary then with it on.

I've had the ass end of other car's snap out on me with out much warning and I'm just trying to be cautious. This car cost me about 25k more then the other ones. I'll get there, I just need more windshield time on the track and the time to go. I'll play on the street with out it if I remember. I know it's not same as a track but some place's/ roads are pretty dam close. The difference is cleaning grass and small animals out vs. gravel.

I would think it would be the opposite, I would rather go off on a track with run off then cock it up on some back road and wind up flipped in a ditch.

I hear ya, but the road I play on is safe, no drainage ditches on the sides just a little gravel then a grass field and good visibility. It's not a track but I can still play, to a point. I'm not a kamikaze.

Where is the option for ABS disabled completely by unplugging a wheel speed sensor? I don't know if I would recommend it, it is easy to flat spot a tire. It is however a great way to COMPLETELY disable the traction/stability control nannies.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel