The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Traction Control Settings for the track

What Traction Control/AdvanceTrac Settings do you run with?

• All Systems Enabled

Votes: 3 7.7%
  • All Systems off

Votes: 21 53.8%
  • Traction Control Off

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • AdvanceTrac Sport Mode

Votes: 10 25.6%
  • What's Traction Control/AdvanceTrac? Do I have that? Do I like pudding pops?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mcmmotorsports

Resident Mental Patient
Got another track event this weekend. Just curious what you guys run for your settings.
Last event I ran with all systems enabled, then turned of TC. Didn't know about Sport mode (hold brake pedal, push TC button twice)
So, what do you guys run?

mcmmotorsports said:
Got another track event this weekend. Just curious what you guys run for your settings.
Last event I ran with all systems enabled, then turned of TC. Didn't know about Sport mode (hold brake pedal, push TC button twice)
So, what do you guys run?
Everything off and hopefully I'll have my 302R ABS module reprogrammed by FRPP soon so I don't have to mess with turning it off anymore.

Everything off. I recently forgot to turn it off at Sonoma and my rear brakes were smoking after my session.

mcmmotorsports said:
lol, how do you know what electronics I had in there?

Well, until this thread, I assumed you were a man and had the same electronics as the rest of us--an AFM that was out of calibration and an ABS system that has "ice mode". But now I'm wondering if you needed a Motorsport TC system to manage those 145 whp.

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
at the drag strip I run the AED drag tune and it turns everything off and I mean everything...abs, air bags, tc, advanced track. I dd the car and TC is always off.

mcmmotorsports

Resident Mental Patient
cosm3os said:
Well, until this thread, I assumed you were a man and had the same electronics as the rest of us--an AFM that was out of calibration and an ABS system that has "ice mode". But now I'm wondering if you needed a Motorsport TC system to manage those 145 whp.
Hahaha, you had 145hp? I am jealous.

mcmmotorsports

Resident Mental Patient
cosm3os said:
You'll have to come back now that those "legal" engines are now illegal (assuming they were legal, of course).

No thanks, I am done with SE30.

Back on topic, just realized that with everything off, Sport Mode Steering is locked. Nice! One less thing to adjust at track time. ;)

drano38

Wayne
domesticpower said:
All systems off in the dry. Sport Mode in the wet.

+1
I've been running Nitto NT-05 tires, so they're ok on a wet track, but if its too wet, I stay in the paddock to prevent trading paint with someone/something.

I did. It was mt first time out and I wasn't taking any chances. Next time I'll do the same thing until I feel it's time to turn it off. I don't want to hurt my baby!

racered302 said:
I did. It was mt first time out and I wasn't taking any chances. Next time I'll do the same thing until I feel it's time to turn it off. I don't want to hurt my baby!

meanwhile, buy some spare rear brake pads :p

Tulsa, OK
F.D. Sako said:
meanwhile, buy some spare rear brake pads :p

Ha! ^this. It's probably easier on your car (at least your pads) to turn everything off. Your car will be more predictable too since you won't have the computer kicking in at inopportune times. Just my thoughts...

TMO Supporting Vendors