The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Traction control - very abrupt

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I have had traction control kick in a few times when I forget to turn it off. Usually either in 1st gear when I punch it from a slow roll or on a hard 1-2 shift.

Is it supposed to be this abrupt? When it activates, it shuts down all power. Feels like I've turned off the key, engine just completely dies, and then it sputters for a bit if I stay in it as it senses traction coming and going before allowing full power to hit.

Annoying.

batman48195

I never get tired of driving it!
Yup. It can be abrupt like that. It has saved a few times when I first got the car when I changed lanes and was accelerating and hit some wet pavement. So, good and bad things about it.
Brian

Can't answer about the Boss (still awaiting delivery on mine) but that is exactly what happens on my 06 GT if I don't turn off TC

First time it happened I assumed I had some bad gas or something until I saw the Advance Trac light flash on the dash

On the other end of the spectrum, the stability/traction control has NOT came in when I expected it to. I have swung the rear way out in some pretty high speed turns with all nannies on.. My BMW would never allow that. Right when the car went out of yaw, it would cut power. With the boss, you can steer with the rear with everything on.

TMO Supporting Vendors