The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Train wrecked Boss's ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Heard a story awhile back about a train that wrecked that was hauling mustangs & several boss's were damaged.What ever happened to those cars ? Did ford crush them & not re-issue the vins or were they re-issued with new boss's ? Does this affect the total count & what colors were they ? Just wondering.Any help would be great.
Thanks

I read some where the Miller Motor Sport Park got 2 or 3 ,they use them in there Boss Track Attack program,I thought mine was 1 of those because mine was being shipped at the time it was early June 2011.

I'll move this to the registry forum where you'll find the info on these. AFAIR it was a train wreck in Texas and there were several Boss 302's including at least one LS. I remember reading a couple were sent to BTA and a couple were destroyed. I believed they were replaced in the production run but I'm not sure about the serial numbers and I doubt the VIN's were reused.

Lost shipment really helped doom fisher. For the BOSS, just adds to the history. Would be great to gain the VIN info for the registry. Wonder what MIller MSP will do with theirs after BTA ends (assuming it does)

The 2 Boss's in question are both 2012 LS's. VIN numbers cannot be re-issued. PTRocks should have the VIN numbers for both of these cars.

Boss1601 said:
Wonder what MIller MSP will do with theirs after BTA ends (assuming it does)

i was told they are getting rid of the fr500 cars and will convert the boss 302's to replace them

TymeSlayer

Tramps like us, Baby we were born to run...
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado
Boss1601 said:
Lost shipment really helped doom fisher. For the BOSS, just adds to the history. Would be great to gain the VIN info for the registry. Wonder what MIller MSP will do with theirs after BTA ends (assuming it does)

Bryan Samuels at MMSP told me that the Boss Track Attack will probably end next April. They actually extended the BTA to try and accommodate all Boss owners. He had no idea at the tyme what would become of the track Bosses.

Boss1601 said:

I talked with one of the instructors out there and he said that they have 12 Bosses, six are owned by Ford and have no VINs and will be crushed. Six are theirs and he didn't know what the plans were going to be for them.

Georgia
TimBoss351 said:
I talked with one of the instructors out there and he said that they have 12 Bosses, six are owned by Ford and have no VINs and will be crushed. Six are theirs and he didn't know what the plans were going to be for them.

It would be nice to verify all of this...

For those that are going to attend BTA this Spring, they should record and share the VIN off the data sticker (if present).

I wish I would have taken pictures of the inside of the car while I was there. They really didn't go into much detail on the mods they made to the cars for the BTA program.

TMO Supporting Vendors