The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Tranny Convert

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dvendet

Everyone's entitled to my opinion. ;)
I saw this surfing the Internet and thought some of you may have an interest. Hurst is offering a conversion kit to swap out your MT-82 for a Magnum by Tremec. The web site indicates that this conversion will require a 26-spline clutch and 1-piece driveshaft (sold seperately). Price was not given.

http://www.hurst-drivelines.com/?page_id=3596

MMD

Dvendet

Everyone's entitled to my opinion. ;)
boss2511 said:
Nice I like T-56's they feel much better than the MT82 I bet this one is no exception

As you probably saw on the web site Tremec will probably have a limited production run and are asking for those interested to submit a reserve request for their purchase. I guess they'll probably want some up-front money.

MMD

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
MakeMyDay said:
boss2511 said:
Nice I like T-56's they feel much better than the MT82 I bet this one is no exception

As you probably saw on the web site Tremec will probably have a limited production run and are asking for those interested to submit a reserve request for their purchase. I guess they'll probably want some up-front money.

MMD
yeah I am not in the market for a transmission yet. maybe years from now when I strap on a kenne bell 3.6L blower

Boss3o2

I think I'll enjoy my 5 yr. 60k Powertrain warranty ;D

Eric

<<<<< problem free MT82 user

TMO Supporting Vendors