The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Tranny fluid Help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What Pete said, I was thinking of the 600 but couldn't remember the model name. It is not just the motul, like he said a lot of the really high end brake fluids require a bleed at least every track day and a flush every few months. For a street car, I would never use them. ATE blue/200 are not as high heat capacity as the others, and I have gotten a spungy pedal with it when really pushing hard on 888s with Hawk blues in the E30, but only when I was really trying 10/10ths on late braking. If you are really pushing it that hard, the higher end stuff is probably better to use.

You guys should try motocross bikes, some need the oil changed every couple hours

That one quart cost as much as the 6 or so of Mobil 1 in my Evo

I meant more for the hassle, especially on bikes with dry sump and separate gear oil.

Boss1309 said:
Getting back to the tranny fluid has anybody had the TSB 11-3-18 done. Ford now say to use XT-11-QDC Dual Clutch Fluid.

Just was in contact with Amsoil and they say they have no fluids recommended for the MT-82 trans.

Yes, I have done this (I have tried everything possible) and it made a very small improvement. As far as I know all MT-82's from the factory have this fluid now.

Fact is Ford Fluids are high quailty and if it was easier to get I would use the Motorcraft Dot 4.

It is the opposite here, Motorcraft Dot4 is available at any speed shop but pretty much everything else has to be ordered online.

2012YellowBoss said:
Boss1309 said:
Getting back to the tranny fluid has anybody had the TSB 11-3-18 done. Ford now say to use XT-11-QDC Dual Clutch Fluid.

Just was in contact with Amsoil and they say they have no fluids recommended for the MT-82 trans.

Yes, I have done this (I have tried everything possible) and it made a very small improvement. As far as I know all MT-82's from the factory have this fluid now.

Fact is Ford Fluids are high quailty and if it was easier to get I would use the Motorcraft Dot 4.
I did the TSB as well. it's a noticeable improvement but the MGW was the biggest. The 2 together made a huge difference. But it's still a MT 82.

I thought that the use of XT-11-QDC Dual Clutch Fluid was for cold climates? Is it the general consensus that we should use the Dual Clutch Fluid instead of the XT-M5-QS Full Synthetic Manual Transmission Fluid (which is a SAE 75W-90 gear oil) the manual calls for?

It does make shifting easier to a point, even here in FL but does not fix the lock-out. I was against doing any band-aid fixes at first but now I am willing to try anything. I figured the fluid would not harm it and had mine done a few months ago.

CaliMR said:
I thought the fluid was only supposed to help before the fluid warms up
My experience is it helps in all situations. I'm using Redline MTL.

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
will swapping the fluid help with the thumping I feel in the shifter at idle? feels like it has a miss if you hold onto the shifter sitting at the stop light

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
yeah I have drove some radical cars before. normally it wouldnt bother me but I paid a shiznit load for this car and its underwarrenty so if its not normal they are going to fix it

TMO Supporting Vendors