The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Tranny Fluid

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

So I am approaching the 500 mile "Break-In" Point, and have been reading on the forum that most change their Tranny fluid at this time.

So what kind do you all suggest?

How much do I need to get (So I make sure its full)

Is there a certain "weight" I need to get or do I need to make sure it has syncro-mesh in it, etc?

I have been told Royal Purple is a good choice, but wanted to get opinions.

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
this kind
http://www.amazon.com/Red-Line-50204-Synthetic-Transmission/dp/B000CPCBEG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1347456915&sr=8-1&keywords=redline+mtl
41ecidaN56L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

I'm not sure where you read to change the tranny fluid at 500 miles but unless you're having issues I'd wait.

When would you change it? I was under the assumption that most change theirs at 500 miles after the breakin period... then you don't have to worry about it for quite some time (with normal driving).

It wont hurt to do it after break in. But what is the proper break in time for these transmissions? I am getting mine done at 10,000 miles simply cause my dealer said he would do it for free since there is a tsb on it.

TMO Supporting Vendors