The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Trans cooling scoop is in

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

My transmission cooling scoop showed up at my dealer today! Too bad there's no car to put it on. Looks like it's just four bolts. We're going to put it up on the lift when the car gets here, bolt it on and pull some discs :-X

To me it doesn't look like it's any lower than the K-member. Also, it's standard on the Laguna Seca, so it meets DOT requirements for clearance and should be fine.

Attachments

• 20-2012-boss-302-underside.jpg
    293.7 KB · Views: 371
  • 16-2012-boss-302-underside.jpg
    249.5 KB · Views: 363

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
This looks to install in the same location as the A-Arm brace, should take about 5 mins using air tools once the car is on the lift.

Please get some videos of the sound quality and volume before and after removing the discs!!!

ArizonaGT said:
This looks to install in the same location as the A-Arm brace, should take about 5 mins using air tools once the car is on the lift.

Please get some videos of the sound quality and volume before and after removing the discs!!!
That's what I figured. I told my dealer we were going to just throw it on the lift when I go to pick the car up and do it ourselves. Then I can pull the discs at the same time ;D I'll try to remember to do a vid before. Might have to remind me in my haste to get the car ;D

TMO Supporting Vendors