The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Trans leaking oil

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EH04SD1-23 is the part number for the clutch from Exedy. The clutch should be available in March.

If any of you have any questions Bill is the guy to talk to at Exedy. He use to work at Rehagen, his email is [email protected]

TheSwede said:
Thanks for all the help and best wishes, guys. As soon as the snow melts :eek:, I'll drive over to a friend's garage where I can lift the car and check if it's the vent valve acting up. If anybody finds the TSB, it would be very helpful!

Dave, I am actually in the final stages of building the garage which is why I have to move the car sometimes. I know it's not recommended, but I usually let it run until it's warm. I will check the oil fill cap, though!

Twistedneck, is this the clutch you're referring to? http://www.stage3motorsports.com/SF503H-9-2011-2014-Mustang-GT-Boss-Spec-Stage-2+-Clutch-Kit.html

Thanks/Swede

Swede sorry not to answer this earlier but yes that is the clutch Spec stage 2+ with aluminum flywheel and billet aluminum pressure plate option its just over $1000 then you have to install it. I wanted to keep the benefit of a single plate, light weight, simple, and less risk of noise and chattering.

I actually did smell clutch once when I tried to clutch slip my way into a dry pavement burnout w foot on accelerator and gas at the same time. Bad idea, I smelled a bit of clutch stink and thought I may have toasted it due to my idiot driving but it held strong. Later I was able to slip launch at least 5 different times in the middle of summer on Hoosiers and it never smelled slipped stuck or complained. Spec guy said I needed stage 2+ not 3 or 3+. MT82 can't handle what the 3's can anyway. That same clutch for a GTO will hold 850 ft-lbs oddly enough, probably a larger diameter.

Twistedneck, thanks. That would be $1400 over here after adding freight, taxes and customs. Ouch...

I'll wait and see if the problem persists - it's still only that one time only - and consider changing the clutch if I need to fix the leak. My insurance will likely cover it [emoji4]

If it turns out to be the vent, what's the fix?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel