The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Transmission resealed

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

98RedGT

2012 #552
Took my 2012 Boss 302 to a local dealer for an oil change. On the Vehicle Check Up ticket a future attention comment is "Transmission - case house needs resealed"
Anybody seen this before after their service? Anybody have any other comments as to what it may indicate? Thanks in advance.

That's a new one to me.

i personally don't know what that message means, but i remember reading that after a clutch install something on the transmission needs to be reset by an OBDII tool. Could it be that they disconnected a switch that needs to be reset or relearned by the ECM?

let us know if you figure it out.

4dRacer said:
Anybody have any other comments as to what it may indicate?

My guess is that the tech probably noticed a leak...

Impossible to say for sure without seeing it..

Undoubtedly, something to keep an eye on.

My 2HP

TMO Supporting Vendors