The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Traqmate RPM Module & Camera Mount

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boomerstoys

Keep the shiny side up & the rubber side down!
Anyone run Traqmate? How did you connect the RPM module. On the MINI this was off the OBD II port but the P-car had to have it come off the ECU (my shop did this).

Any help with this connection would be appreciated.

Had used a Cruise Cam Headrest Post camera mount in the MINI but the P-car had to use a suction cup mount. Didn't like the quality of video using the suction cup & I don't have a Go Pro just a JVC HD video. Anyone find a good video mount?

May just have to buy the Go Pro.

Cheers!

JScheier

Too Hot for the Boss!
I haven't looked into it on the Boss, but on the M3 I just tapped into the tach signal wire behind the cluster... was pretty easy to do. I do know that the Boss OBDII port has RPM information available, but would probably just tap the tach wire again if it were me.

I've been eye-ballin the new display for traqmate... way nicer than the old small display. Might be on the 2013 budget ;)

Boomerstoys

Keep the shiny side up & the rubber side down!
That new display is priced way too high-------------$800.00!!!

I'll live with my existing display for quite some time!

I'll ask the dealer best way to tap the car for RPM's on Traqmate!

Cheers!

Boomerstoys said:
Anyone run Traqmate? How did you connect the RPM module. On the MINI this was off the OBD II port but the P-car had to have it come off the ECU (my shop did this).

Any help with this connection would be appreciated.

Had used a Cruise Cam Headrest Post camera mount in the MINI but the P-car had to use a suction cup mount. Didn't like the quality of video using the suction cup & I don't have a Go Pro just a JVC HD video. Anyone find a good video mount?

May just have to buy the Go Pro.

Cheers!

the go pro is fantastic with a suction cup mount. I've used it in the boss many time son the track. the mount holds strong and the camera is very stable. they even have anew version that is easier to use. Sample vids:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjGeTyy-nh4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_yWXGEJAOw

TMO Supporting Vendors