The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Tremec 3160 Speed Calculator For GT350 and GT350R

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Someone created this spreadsheet for the BOSS and I updated it with the two tire sizes for the 350's. The Ford engineer I spent a lot of time talking to told me that the lower ratio of the shorter R tires was part of the performance improvement. No surprise as the shorter and lighter wheel setup I ran on my BOSS was a noticeable improvement over my street tires/wheels. Anyone up for a 280 MPH top speed run? ::)

@cloud9
@Black Boss
@Moto
@fuhrius

Click on the image to enlarge it.

0Shot%202015-10-31%20at%208.07.56%20AM_zpsnibz3djr.png

TMSBOSS said:
0-55 in first gear. Impressive.

I'll pass on the 280. Gas and brakes cost enough going 145.
Yea when I was looking at this earlier this morning I thought there won't be that many tracks where you'll go to 5th, although I am probably going to be setting my shift light between 7500-7700 as I'm not sure you'll need to run it to redline....especially if you don't want to overheat the oil. That would have me shifting to 5th in similar places on the track at Road America and allowing me to run to the top of 4th going into turn 3 at MPH without feathering.

cloud9 said:
Yea when I was looking at this earlier this morning I thought there won't be that many tracks where you'll go to 5th, although I am probably going to be setting my shift light between 7500-7700 as I'm not sure you'll need to run it to redline....especially if you don't want to overheat the oil. That would have me shifting to 5th in similar places on the track at Road America and allowing me to run to the top of 4th going into turn 3 at MPH without feathering.
Interesting data points.

Obviously most of us are running shorter tires than stock on the Boss. For the GT350, 19" Hoosier 315's are also shorter than the R's Sport Cup 2's. 5th will be needed at Mid Ohio, Watkins Glen, VIR and, likely Grattan, in addition to RA. Like MPH the approach to T3 at VIR should't require feathering (in 3rd).

Black Boss said:
Interesting data points.

Obviously most of us are running shorter tires than stock on the Boss. For the GT350, 19" Hoosier 315's are also shorter than the R's Sport Cup 2's. 5th will be needed at Mid Ohio, Watkins Glen, VIR and, likely Grattan, in addition to RA. Like MPH the approach to T3 at VIR should't require feathering (in 3rd).
Are you thinking you'll run the 315/30 or 35 profile? The 35 profile at 27.3" is pretty close to the stock diameter of 27.41. I'd really like to run the 325 in the rear but am not sure it will fit. It does take a 12" wheel.

VooDooBOSS said:
I think you want to run the shorter R tire or even a bit shorter. The car is geared higher than our Bosses.
The only consideration would be the additional heat generated on the shorter tires later in a session due to the higher revolutions.

cloud9 said:
Are you thinking you'll run the 315/30 or 35 profile? The 35 profile at 27.3" is pretty close to the stock diameter of 27.41. I'd really like to run the 325 in the rear but am not sure it will fit. It does take a 12" wheel.
I'm planning to run the 30's -- they're the closest to the Stock R (26.44") at 26.1", the same profile as the R and 4 pounds a corner lighter that the 35's.......

Will look at 325 on the rear if they fit -- to maintain 10mm of stagger -- they are 26.8" with only a pound of added weight versus the 315/30's

Black Boss said:
I'm planning to run the 30's -- they're the closest to the Stock R (26.44") at 26.1", the same profile as the R and 4 pounds a corner lighter that the 35's.......

Will look at 325 on the rear if they fit -- to maintain 10mm of stagger -- they are 26.8" with only a pound of added weight versus the 315/30's
Wow 4 lbs per corner, agreed the 30 makes more sense. That's the route I will go as well. Rick and I are exploring some custom wheels that hopefully will allow a 12" rear with a 325 but won't know how much clearance we have until we get the cars.

cloud9 said:
Wow 4 lbs per corner, agreed the 30 makes more sense. That's the route I will go as well. Rick and I are exploring some custom wheels that hopefully will allow a 12" rear with a 325 but won't know how much clearance we have until we get the cars.

If you're looking custom, check out CCW -- my 11" rears are just over 23lbs, and a bit lighter than the 10.5" fronts at just under 25lbs (offsets make the difference). Let me know what you find -- I think ideally 11.5"/12" F/R would be the best option if they fit....

Black Boss said:
If you're looking custom, check out CCW -- my 11" rears are just over 23lbs, and a bit lighter than the 10.5" fronts at just under 25lbs (offsets make the difference). Let me know what you find -- I think ideally 11.5"/12" F/R would be the best option if they fit....
We"re checking with Finspeed. Will definitely let you know what we find out.

TMO Supporting Vendors