The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Tri-Bar Pony Door Lights

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Finally was out at night to take a pic of the gobo lights I recently had installed. It was still partly light out so it's not as bright as when it's fully dark.

tydajyju.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

These are from Oracle.

http://www.oraclelights.com/automotive-lighting-products/GOBO-LED-Projectors

They munt to the underside of the door, not in the mirrors like the factory pony version. I've seen some people swap the mirrors, but too complicated and too expensive.

This was a cheap mod, $150 installed by the same group that did my custom audio install and illuminated sub box.

I'm sure it's relatively straight forward install. Drilling is required but it's in a spot where it will never be seen.

I'm in the lighting business, so this was a fun mod for me to do to my car for car shows and such. It's a little attention grabber and I like seeing it getting in and out of the car at night. I was going to get a custom gobo, but wanted this in time for some shows this past weekend. Will probably make a custom Boss/Autobot gobo to match the theme of my car at some point.

I'm sure Johnny Lawman would love that. You first and I'll catch you...Lol ;D
However I do think the lights are kind of neat. I was thinking more on the line of one mounted in the trunk. So when your at a car show it can shine on the underside trunk lid when its open. Or even under the hood. Theres alot of options and the price is not to bad.

TymeSlayer

Tramps like us, Baby we were born to run...
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado
Cheap Cheap Cheap version from China...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2x-4th-gen-Car-door-LED-projector-Welcome-Courtesy-light-Ford-Mustang-/231175057719?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item35d31b7137&vxp=mtr

Cobra700 said:
Hmmmm...... Wonder if I could make one to put in the rear bumper so right behind me it'll say "LETS RACE!" ;D

I like this idea.you'd have to angle it to throw the image further out, which would require a slightly more complex custom gobo, otherwise the text will be warped. They might not have the know how to make one but a custom gobo maker like Roscolux could do it.

TMO Supporting Vendors