The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Triple play

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SeattleBoss

TrackAttack 9-23-13
It was finally dry and sunny in Seattle yesterday and I had all three ponies cleaned up for a change. I'm trying to sell the Bullitt so this may be the last time they are all together.

Trio_zps5c7d1651.jpg

Nice picture. I love the old Boss, that looks mean as H*ll. I am a fan of the Bullitt's too, love how clean they look. How did it drive? If the Bullitt had the 6 speed manual instead of the 5, and the new 5.0 engine, I would have probably bought one instead of the Boss.

Dave

Very nice collection you have there. I really like the Bullitts's as well. I see one driving around town and not only does it look good it sounds good too.

SeattleBoss

TrackAttack 9-23-13
All of these Mustangs have very unique personalities.

I've owned the vintage Boss since 1972, and restored it a few years ago. It's just crazy in-your-face fast but it takes a lot to control it on the street. With no power steering and a relatively crude suspension you really have to muscle it around corners. Of course I get to listen to my old 8-tracks when I drive it. No other car I've owned gets as many smiles and thumbs-up.

The Bullitt was purchased a couple years ago when I was looking for a daily driver. It is sleek, sexy, and the 315 HP and 5-speed is sufficiently fast to have a lot of fun. I have a completely stock suspension and it handles really well. I like the stealthy looks, and the growl coming out of the exhaust is great to listen to without the ear-numbing roar of the vintage Boss.

What can you say about the new Boss? It's far superior to the other two performance-wise, and the creature comforts make it exceptionally nice to drive almost all the time. I'm really ready for some dry sunny days so I can find the corning limits. It's going to be a blast to have the new and old Boss side by side at the first car show.

jneary

Performance Fords
Norcal
Yeah, I have to say, the new boss has caused me to think about selling the old car for the first time ever. I know that I will never do it unless forced to especially since they are a matched set but it is the first time ever that the thought has crossed my mind. Having spent so many years restoring the old car means that I could never part with it willingly but....

I look back on every Mustang that I have sold with a level of sadness. I sold my 1984 GT350 car and regret the day that I did it. It was a rattly and tired car that I really needed to restore but just didn't have the desire at the time but now, I wish I still had that car. It was a fun car to drive even though its 175 horsepower is completely swamped by even a V6 car today but it was a great car and ran on the original drivetrain well past 186000 miles.

I can imagine that Bullitt car is gonna be hard to sell and there will be days when you will miss it. Thinning the herd is always a tough thing.

John

Very nice!

Dunno. If I had a nice '69 or '70 B2, at the prices they've been fetching lately I'd be mighty tempted to sell it and use the proceeds to buy a B302R or S for the track. Or a '14 GT500... could be the last year for the 662HP 5.8L monster motor. Good problem to have!

pufferfish

Supporting Vendor
Maryland
its crazy to see the size difference between the old and new boss! i didn't know the new one was so large by comparison!

And one reason I much prefer the new Mustang over the new Camaro is that the Camaro is huge in comparison. I liked the size of the originals.

That is a great set of Mustangs. I almost bought a bullitt when they were first out but the Boss ended up being my first Mustang. I also live in the Seattle area but keep the Boss down in SoCal for the winter so we can 'enjoy' it at Willow Springs. We are bringing it up here in May and I can't wait to get it out to PR, ORP and the Ridge.

SeattleBoss

TrackAttack 9-23-13
Unfortunately all the shows in May are off the board since I'll be attending graduation ceremonies 3 of 4 weekends. Looks like June/July might be the first shows for me.

Hope to see a lot of new and old Boss cars at the Bellevue Roundup in late July. Last year was pretty sad with only a few attending.

SeattleBoss said:
Unfortunately all the shows in May are off the board since I'll be attending graduation ceremonies 3 of 4 weekends. Looks like June/July might be the first shows for me.

Hope to see a lot of new and old Boss cars at the Bellevue Roundup in late July. Last year was pretty sad with only a few attending.

Is anyone welcome at the roundup? If so, I'll put it on my calendar and be over.

This is the first Mustang I've owned so I'm not familiar with the event. I'm not interested in a judged event but would like to shoot the breeze with other owners.

TMO Supporting Vendors