The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Trouble with Blowfish Rear 13.8 Upgrade

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I installed the Blowfish billet brackets to upgrade to the 13.8" rear rotors and have had nothing but a headache. I asked Steve for advice and he responded immediately....not blaming his bracket as it's a thing of beauty. The instructions recommend some grinding of the caliper for clearance but I have lots of space all around the rotor so I did not see any need to grind anywhere. But the inside pad (Pagids) is not sitting flush on the rotor. The top half is pressed against the rotor while the bottom is in the air. So when I am driving the rear inner pad is "braking" all the time and I can feel and hear it. I have power-bled the system twice and the SS lines are fine. I also noticed the parking brake is tight right from the start. What am I missing? I am ready to go back to stock if I have to but others are using this with no issues so I want to make it work.

TMO Supporting Vendors