The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

TruCarbon Carbon Fiber Center Console Group Buy

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I've been anxiously awaiting TruCarbon to finish their CF console pieces and they are finally available. There are several new pieces but the ones I'm interested in are the radio/HVAC bezel, center console and window switch plates. I talked to a sales rep and they are willing to do a group buy if there's enough interest. I'm still a bit on the fence on these but hey if you want to keep up with Ferrari's, McLaren's, Porsche's and Corvette Stingrays this is a start. ;) Please post up if you're interested in a group buy on these pieces.

http://www.trucarbon.net/Trucarbon_Mustang_Carbon_Fiber_Window_Switch_Cover_p/tc10025-lg107.htm

http://www.trucarbon.net/2010_2012_Mustang_Carbon_Fiber_Center_Console_p/tc10025-lg122.htm

Spot for bezel link

http://www.trucarbon.net/2010_Mustang_Carbon_Fiber_LG121_Arm_Rest_Cover_p/tc10025-lg121.htm

IMG_1366_zpse4183d6c.jpg
IMG_1367_zpsd1be9af6.jpg
IMG_1368_zpsbd02c785.jpg

Haha! I was unaware that these were on the way, but was browsing their site just last week looking for them. I have been looking for some contrast in our grey-on-grey cabin. I have a TruCarbon trunk lid and the quality is good. I say that because CF looks like ass when photographed poorly.

I am interested, but even with the discount, I might not have the cash flow. Christmas is coming, but that's a two-edged blade.

ace72ace

Zaino, I put that $hit on everything
Jimmy Pribble said:
Haha! I was unaware that these were on the way, but was browsing their site just last week looking for them. I have been looking for some contrast in our grey-on-grey cabin. I have a TruCarbon trunk lid and the quality is good. I say that because CF looks like ass when photographed poorly.

I am interested, but even with the discount, I might not have the cash flow. Christmas is coming, but that's a two-edged blade.

Was thinking the same thing... Never understood the CF craze for cosmetics only, to each his own.

ace72ace said:
Was thinking the same thing... Never understood the CF craze for cosmetics only, to each his own.

Not really sure what you don't understand. Do you really love our plastic window switch covers? :p

I agree that CF isn't always a slam-dunk for me. The reason my trunk lid isn't on my car is because it isn't painted, yet. I don't like unpainted CF body panels, because from further away than 20 ft, it just looks like you have installed a junkyard body panel after an accident and you can't afford to have it painted. As for these pieces, depending on how they look, I might add film to subdue the pattern. I'm just looking for some contrast, because our cabin looks like a grey paint grenade went-off inside. I was thinking black gloss or maybe even body colored paint, but I'm open to the CF.

Jimmy Pribble said:
I agree that CF isn't always a slam-dunk for me. The reason my trunk lid isn't on my car is because it isn't painted, yet. I don't like unpainted CF body panels, because from further away than 20 ft, it just looks like you have installed a junkyard body panel after an accident and you can't afford to have it painted. As for these pieces, depending on how they look, I might add film to subdue the pattern. I'm just looking for some contrast, because our cabin looks like a grey paint grenade went-off inside. I was thinking black gloss or maybe even body colored paint, but I'm open to the CF.
You and I are on the same page. Our interiors are pretty plain so anything to make them look nicer works for me. Captain Distraction painted his console yellow blaze to match his car and it looked pretty good. I've thought about painting mine KB and I think it would look good too and more subtle. ;) Fast and Furious or not at the tracks here in NorCal guys spend big bucks to add CF pieces to their cars. I'm talking McLaren's, Ferrari's and Porsche's not Subie's or Evo's. Like this McLaren. Fortunately everyone has different taste otherwise it would be pretty boring looking at a lot of cars looking the same.

Ok so my photography skills aren't the best. Check the links I posted for better photos.

IMG_2595_zpsc40754ce.jpg

TymeSlayer

Tramps like us, Baby we were born to run...
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado
This CF bling just isn't me, but hey, to each his own. What I would like is a CF shift knob with the BOSS 302 logo on it. Now that might be interesting.

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
There isn't anything *wrong* with Rick's photography. It is showing how some of the fibers squirm and twist around unusual shapes. That's probably the issue that bothers me the most about CF trim.

I'm not big on the CF "bling" craze. If it doesn't add some sort of performance to me it's a waste, but this in a matte finish I think would add some much needed flair to the interior.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TMO Supporting Vendors