The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Trump or Obama---one of you guys owe me 1600 buckaroos!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Figure I have a hopeless cause either way , with the one in office or the one so recently departed, but thought I better go after both, as I just gave the Guvmint $1300 in Gas Guzzler Taxes - because my stinkin new GT 350 won't get over 21 mpg on the Highway! Well, Guvmint folks, why in the Hell am I getting 21.5 average then? I want my money back and I want a nice little letter of apology for another phony Guvmint Regulashun !

Okay, I know it is a lost cause, and no, I did not buy this car for gas mileage , but this is the most ridiculous example of a fee when not necessary that I have seen! Got 24.8 on the Highway the other day, pissed me off it was so high with no break in miles, that I started heel and toeing into corners , getting on it a bit more aggressively ( while still respecting the break in procedure) , and dang it finally dropped to 21.5. First tank I averaged over 20 mpg and that was a lot of town driving. I would baby my 2013 Boss and I could barely get to 20 mpg on the road if I just French kissed the accelerator pedal. The first Boss ( 2012 ) would get 22 on a long cruise ( all Highway), every time, and that was with just a pat on the butt.

Cracking up, as never bought this car for gas mileage , but am shocked it has been so good, and really just wondering if folks are seeing much better than advertised with their GT 350s? I expect to get 5-6 mpg on the track, but it is so good I think I could Hyper Mile the beeatch and get close to 30mpg. Back to work , just a simple question, but damn if I did not write another novella .

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Cool Yotah, so definitely better numbers than I ever saw with my two Bosses.

Interesting, and only 4.6 on the track and I was figuring on at least 5, ha!

Ive had two 2012 Boss 302's.One would knock down 26 mpg hwy and the other the best i could do was 22.5 mpg hwy. Both running silver/black key standard tune on pump 91. Didn't drive them enough to care all that much about mpg. But yes, i found it odd as well.

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Thanks , more out of curiousity than anything , likely prompted by the crazy situation with my 13 Boss 302 that got 20 mpg on the highway at 65 , and still 20 mpg on the highway at over 80 mph. Weird car that made no difference regardless of how you drove.

I'm maintaining a 17.6 avg mpg with my Boss.Mostly around town with a little highway driving and some WOT thrown in for good measure. I haven't taken a long enough highway cruise to get into the 20's tho. I was surprised to learn the GT350 had the guzzler tax imposed.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel