The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

TSB ON 2018 TRANS/ PILOT ERROR/MONEY SHIFT/MOTOR MELTDOWN/LOVE MY WARRANTY

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2018 GT350 trans was getting sticky/failing, but I didn't know about there was a technical service bulliten on this car's transmission-The trans had been driving less than butter smooth for a couple months, I missed a bunch of shifts at the track one day, finally performing a 5--2 moneyshift into turn 1, ultimately resulting in new moter under warranty but took FOREVER to endure Ford's " process"... If I had a 2018 GT350 or whatever model years is affected, I wound politely ask my Ford store to put a new fork down the top of my Tremec 6160 ; tell them it shifts like there is gravel in the box instead of butter, even if it hasn't started to fail yet.Trans not right even after partial/ rebuild, electrical still drawing voltage , bucking at low prm and waiting impatiently to spend MORE time enduring the process. But first, more chi chi...

BTY, Happy new year, and I have 475 miles on the new motor which seems to like WOT pretty well, 1st - 4th gear working quite adequately for spirited break-in. Car to stealership for troubleshooting in 3 days. Looking forward to healthy car.

TMO Supporting Vendors