The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Tuning Your PCM

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The quote below from Steve prompted me to start a new thread. I just received a SCT X4 and would like your thoughts and/or advice on Tunning my U-Code Coyote PCM. Hopefully, we can cover Tuning topics from "Tuning the PCM 101" to "Advanced PCM Tuning" tricks and techniques

steveespo said:
SCT X4 works as an excellent scan tool, does the relearn and of course can load tunes into the PCM.

This is nice to know as I just purchased a X4 hand held device loaded with 2 AED tunes. Purchased from a member on The Boss 302 Forum who purchased it new from AED in June of 2015. The Performance and Drag Race tunes are set up for 91 Octane as it came from a California Boss 302 Owner. The X4 is unlocked and ready to go. It was used to tune only 1 vehicle, (VIN) as the X4 locks itself after tuning 5 different VINs.

His setup was similar to mine with an Airaid CF PJ CAI and free flowing Axle Back mufflers. Both tunes require the removal of the Airaid MAF Sensor tube insert.

I plan to contact Shaun to purchase Tune updates to include 93 octane fuel, the FRPP 94.5mm TB, Kooks Super Street Headers, OEM Cats, with a full MagnaFlow Boss 302 3.0" X-Pipe Exhaust System running open Kooks Boss 302 Side Pipes.

Once updated and Tuned, I'm hoping to see some significant improvements in power.

As a complete Newbie to PCM tuning, would anyone have recommendations or concerns to consider before I proceed?

Thanks so much,
302 Hi Pro

All I can say is what took you so long...Lol
You will feel a huge differance. Because you will now be getting the full preformance out of the mods that you have installed. The car will just run so strong.

Enjoy!

TMO Supporting Vendors