The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Turn 17 at Sebring

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I'll be running Sebring with my 2011 Mustang GT pretty soon. I've run the track before and it's really bumpy especially turn 17. I ran a BMW with IRS so I wasn't that concerned about the bumps. I am with the solid axle on the S197 Mustang especially at turn 17. If you stand and watch cars go through 17 you can see just how bumpy the turn is, much more than you feel when you're in the car. Any tricks or thoughts about how you guys with solid axle cars set up for Sebring?

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Lenoir City TN
I'll be running Sebring with my 2011 Mustang GT pretty soon. I've run the track before and it's really bumpy especially turn 17. I ran a BMW with IRS so I wasn't that concerned about the bumps. I am with the solid axle on the S197 Mustang especially at turn 17. If you stand and watch cars go through 17 you can see just how bumpy the turn is, much more than you feel when you're in the car. Any tricks or thoughts about how you guys with solid axle cars set up for Sebring?
Sebring was the first track that I was on with my 2011 Mustang. I know everyone says it is rough but it was smooth compared to East Tennessee roads. There are two basic lines that people take through 17, the school line and the Porsche line. The school line you go deep and turn in late. The Porsche line you turn in early. The Porsche line seems to be faster for some cars. I ran the school line with my car since I was new to track driving. I had to slow more, but was able to accelerate to a higher speed before the front straight. An instructor showed me the Porsche line with his new at the time GT 350. He was definitely faster, but I am sure it was the driver. Good luck on finding a good line for your car and comfort level.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Interesting comment about the Porsche line, because that was the line we were taught the two times our group ( Woodhouse Ford friends and customers ) went to run there with the Panoz GT School. I think EFI is giving you some solid advice and his observation about the Instructor may prove to be right -- better line and safer line, not just the driver.

TMO Supporting Vendors