The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

twin turbo

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Power Nation just did a Hellion twin turbo on a stock Boss 302 and made 910 HP on the dyno! Thats over 3HP per cubic inch on a stock engine and car!

Yea, saw it. they also called the roadrunner engine the coyote. They even went as far as saying the clutch and trans and rear end will handle the Horse power. What i really liked is that you can just dial in what boost you want to run with the push of a button with out wrenching anything. I like that show!

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
I kept waiting for the oil pump gears to fail....that and the the clutch to stick to the floor lol. Sure it made that on 16psi but I wouldnt do more then that glory run. dail it back down to around 10 and keep it alive. Oh and that kit costs around 9k. I cringed when I saw them tap the oil pan with a hole punch. I had to do that for my cobra back when I put a vortech on it....I would take the extra half day drop the k member and have the pan have the fittings brazed on.

I have been missing the shows as I didnt know they changed the name to power nation. dvr was set to record the old show names. and joe is now on muscle car? what happened to the guy with the glasses. muscle car (Detroit muscle...) goes through hosts at a high rate it seems.

302 Hi Pro

Boss 302 - Racing Legend to Modern Muscle Car
Southeast
Wow push button HP selection, that better than a remote control! LoL. I know of a Boss 302 that pounds out 850HP with a 3.6L KB, and the problem was the Trans input shaft. After she snapped 2 of them, she installed an automatic and ran 9's in the 1/4.

- 302 HP

302 Hi Pro said:
she installed an automatic and ran 9's in the 1/4.

- 302 HP

Not any more from what I heard. I understand she put something thru the block. A stock block can only handle so much boost for so long. I would of loved to of taken a ride in that Boss. I'm sure it will be back racing even faster than before. Good looking Boss!

302 Hi Pro

Boss 302 - Racing Legend to Modern Muscle Car
Southeast
boss man said:
Not any more from what I heard. I understand she put something thru the block. A stock block can only handle so much boost for so long. I would of loved to of taken a ride in that Boss. I'm sure it will be back racing even faster than before. Good looking Boss!

I can understand that as she was running a lot of compression on the stock engine, and as we know that hammers the pistons, rods and bearings let alone running it with an 11.0:1 compression ratio.

It will be interesting to see her new set up and HP ratings. Thanks for the up-date.

Regards
302 HP

TMO Supporting Vendors