The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Two Boss 302S/Trans Am ponies dualing it out.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

REAL 1

Death smiles at everyone. Army Rangers smile back.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tq8XWksSQE4&feature=share

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqJc_UDBDCI

My son driving "Thor" and our friend Joe driving his yellow Boss 302S spec built by Watson.

Track. NJMP Thunderbolt.

Enjoy

That looks like a lotta fun!

REAL 1

F.D. Sako said:
Great videos!
Really enjoyed watching both. Looks like Joe is a little bit faster 8)

Believe me it's an endless debate between them. ::)
:)

REAL 1

Vette driver one of NASAs top also running 345s. Plus it was testing day for them and stayed out of the way.

REAL 1 said:
Vette driver one of NASAs top also running 345s. Plus it was testing day for them and stayed out of the way.

Cool. What type of brake pads are you running on Thor? Pretty squeaky compared to the other BOSS.

REAL 1

Full race Brembo pads. Squeeky I know but they BITE HARD! Before you drive him you have to make sure your fillings are in good. They easily will over power the 275 R888's we were running.

REAL 1 said:
Full race Brembo pads. Squeeky I know but they BITE HARD! Before you drive him you have to make sure your fillings are in good. They easily will over power the 275 R888's we were running.

;D

REAL 1

cloud9 said:
Awesome 8) Race cars are so cool. Maybe one day I'll break down ;D

You know there still is a lot to be said for driving there, arriving and driving home.

The Trans Am/S is a blast but at times the trailer/truck routine can be a PITA.

Its all good. Just get to the track and have fun!!!! 8)

Headed back to NJMP this weekend from Friday to Sunday. This time Running "Lightning" which I actually like better than "Thunderbolt". Interesting bit of history, the area where NJMP is now located was an air training base for P47 pilots during WWII. There is still a cement target bunker pock marked with 50 cal. bullet holes on the site. Its an historical landmark.

NASCAR is running at Thunderbolt this year.

Taking the NASA "instructor" course Friday. Hope I pass. :-\

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel