The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Two days at LimeRock Park

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PeteInCT

#LS-378 - So many Porsche's, so little time....
Connecticut
mustangmatt said:
Matt R will be there if the sun is out. Ok I don't need a nick name but was wondering what is the faster lap time at limerock 100% stock so I have something to shoot for??

Matt

Matt - the time you should shoot for is the best you personally can do safely. Unless you have a lot of experience AND know this track very well it's better not to worry about your times. What's more important is you improve on your own numbers by getting smoother and discovering the tricks of the track - which LRP has many even though it's only 1.5 miles.

Case in point: I know a very experienced driver who ran a 1:00 flat at LRP in a bone stock Boss 302, including stock Pirelli Corsa tires. If I made that my time to shoot for I'd end up in a wall or up a tree. And my car is not close to stock...

-Pete

steveespo

Lord knows I'm a Voodoo Child
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Cookeville TN
mustangmatt said:
Matt R will be there if the sun is out. Ok I don't need a nick name but was wondering what is the faster lap time at limerock 100% stock so I have something to shoot for??

Matt

1:07.xx is pretty good on street tires and stock suspension and brake pads.
Steve

Wow 1:00 flat on street tires is quick at limerock. I'm assuming the LS boss came with those tires. I don't think a standard boss with P zero's could turn those lap times. My goal is 1:03 based on my Thompson times versus some of the SCCA classes ran there. Who knows it's a street car on street tires. looking forward more to see all the mustangs on track.
Matt

dmichaels

Papa Smurf
CT
Agree with Pete it's hugely dependent on the driver. For a couple reference points, I was 1.08 flat in my old B5 S4 after quite a few days at LRP. In a track prepped Audi Coupe GT on Hoosiers, 1.06's. In the Mustang on streets, mid 1.04's.

1.03's would be very quick running the car stock. I will be cautious with the (expected) cool temps in late Oct. Multiple warm up laps...

Weather looks good just signed up for Fridays loose nuts day at Limerock. DMichaels I put your name down so maybe you will get a credit. They only had two spots left. WOW. Should be fun.
Matt

PeteInCT

#LS-378 - So many Porsche's, so little time....
Connecticut
I'm counting at least 5 'stangs for Friday at LRP. Should be good if the rain clears out.

-Pete

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel