The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Two TMO Members take NASA Central Region Championships

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Standing on the podium in the Silver Medal position for this past weekend's Time Trial , JD Krull not only grabbed another trophy, he consolidated a winning year with the TT2 Driver's Championship. Driving his 17 GT35 to strong finishes throughout the year , all while doing double duty as a NASA Instructor, made JD not only a very deserving Champion , but a very well liked one also!! Congrats to Mr. Krull and maybe he will jump on the site with some of his solid knowledge as he admits he mainly just lurks now, ha. Great guy and he has been bringing out other Mustang drivers to the Central Region events ( including his daughter), so not just a winner, but a great ambassador for the brand.

Some guy named Pemberton , also showed up at the Championships, winning his Class and taking the Pole on Saturday. That win helped him also take the Regional Championship Award in ST2, so we had two TMO members end the Season in a topnotch spot. Mr. P also ran a 1:47.406 to take close to 3 seconds off his previous best time at Heartland Motorsports Park, with thanks to Palmer Racing Development for some adjustments over the past few months. Switching to a set of BFG gforce R1S tires also seemed to really meld well with his driving style.

lil Zeus showed up in his 18 GT and he was running times very similar to the A1 Stangs and Camaros at the event --- on street legal rubber.

Sure there are some other folks from TMO that showed up , as we needed a corral for all the Mustangs, but since many of us do not know folks actual names , hard to know who we might have missed. Will do a better job next year making sure we get all the members introduced to each other so we not only can make new friends , but also have a good support system.

Last edited:
Outstanding and JD is a worthy champion!

Congrats guys! It was fun weekend, but there was more carnage than usual (seemed like to me anyways). We had to contend with a lot of fast guys in HPDE 3/4 as well. I'm on the slow side of 3! :)

Cold in the mornings too!

HMP20191027.JPG

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
I knew I liked your Red GT - rock chalk, Jayhawk!! Drop me a line anytime you are going to a Central Region Event , Wichita East Graduate and KU BB fan even though I live in Nebraska! You guys in HPDE 3 and 4 were packed in there, probably should have some of you move to Time Trials so you can have more space to run, ha, ha!!

[email protected]

Last edited:
Packed in there is right! I've never seen DE sessions so full before. It was still a great time!

We discussed exactly what you're talking about as well. There may need to be a reconfiguration of how the groups are broken up and have a "Prep Group" for people that are planning to move up to TT or ST.

I knew I liked your Red GT - rock chalk, Jayhawk!! Drop me a line anytime you are going to a Central Region Event , Wichita East Graduate and KU BB fan even though I live in Nebraska! You guys in HPDE 3 and 4 were packed in there, probably will make some of you move to Time Trials so you can have more space to run, ha, ha!!

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Will make a suggestion to the Regional Director about your " Prep Group, " as there is essentially an instruction platform with that concept in some other Regions. Like your thoughts and since I am an Instructor, also, lets stay in touch and see if we are able to structure something next year to enable a working process for possibly more prep prior to going full bore TT?

Last edited:

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel