The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Two wheel bench racing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Snowy North
Bought my son one of those ~20 years ago. Can't overstate The Doctor's talent and influence on an entire generation of young racers :thumbsup:.

Just for fun, tho...google Mick's Assen qualifying lap (just search on that...it's enough). And look up the specs on the 94-98 NSR500 "screamer". Epic.

Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Colorado Springs
Bought my son one of those ~20 years ago. Can't overstate The Doctor's talent and influence on an entire generation of young racers :thumbsup:.

Just for fun, tho...google Mick's Assen qualifying lap (just search on that...it's enough). And look up the specs on the 94-98 NSR500 "screamer". Epic.

Oh, there are plenty of amazing racers out there, before and after. But Rossi just had "it". Has. He was funny, he was clever, he was an amazing racer, great interview. I loved his occasional antics as well. His victory lap toilet break? Come on... :)

Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Snowy North
It's like comparing Hamilton to Schumacher to Senna to Clark to Fangio....whole herd of (generational) GOATs :p!!!

But you're right about Vale's personality...that separates him for sure...

Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Colorado Springs
I just picked up this beast to replace my Ducati a couple weeks ago. I'm waiting for the weather to clear up so I can actually get the break-in miles done.
View attachment 73319

Very nice. My buddy has a pair of older RSV1000s that need some work. His wife is all but forcing me to just take them for free.. He doesn't ride on the street anymore and they take up space. But I don't have room and don't NEED another set of bikes, but I want them...

PatientZero

@restless_performance
Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Kansas City, Missouri
Very nice. My buddy has a pair of older RSV1000s that need some work. His wife is all but forcing me to just take them for free.. He doesn't ride on the street anymore and they take up space. But I don't have room and don't NEED another set of bikes, but I want them...
If you don't want it and it's free I'll come it it out of your way, lol

Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Colorado Springs
If you don't want it and it's free I'll come it it out of your way, lol

It's not that I don't want them, its that my 2 car garage already needs to be a 3 car, and this makes me need a 4 car!!! And the wife has already declared we will NOT be cutting down the tree to make room for the additional bays. So the only real option is a new house, but in this market.... sheesh!

PatientZero

@restless_performance
Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Kansas City, Missouri
It's not that I don't want them, its that my 2 car garage already needs to be a 3 car, and this makes me need a 4 car!!! And the wife has already declared we will NOT be cutting down the tree to make room for the additional bays. So the only real option is a new house, but in this market.... sheesh!
I completely understand. A shop is at the very top of my need/want list. I have the Mustang, a C10 project, 2 bikes, mountain bikes, lawn mower, and LOTS of tools. I don't even have a garage at the moment, just a drive out basement. Luckily I can get everything in except the C10. That doesn't even include my brand new Ram or daily driver sitting outside either. #firstworldproblems

Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Colorado Springs
I completely understand. A shop is at the very top of my need/want list. I have the Mustang, a C10 project, 2 bikes, mountain bikes, lawn mower, and LOTS of tools. I don't even have a garage at the moment, just a drive out basement. Luckily I can get everything in except the C10. That doesn't even include my brand new Ram or daily driver sitting outside either. #firstworldproblems

Dude, absolutely #firstworldproblems . I try to remember that every day. I have a lot of tools as well. Big wood working / construction stuff is such a pain cause they don't stack very well. But I refuse to pay for a storage unit. I might be heading that way as I got approval to bring the Apes home. My buddy's wife told me in email today, "If you want them, take them. Free. Bless you." She is tired of looking at them, and he isn't going to ride again. So.... 1800 miles each way or just ship them for @$1500 - $2k.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel