The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Uh-oh...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Pleasanton: 1/2 way between Sonoma and Laguna Seca
buland said:
and think about upgrade the coils :)
I asked JDM Engineering (the engine builder) about after market coils when I ordered the motor.
He said "Cobra Jets are running in the 7's with stock coils...they're good enough for your car".

I couldn't argue with that so I just bought fresh stockers when I installed the new motor.
It has the later heads so the later plugs and coils as well.
The original 3V's has a different plug and coil arrangement.

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
blacksheep-1 said:
You might try a one set cooler on the plugs if you're on the track a lot, or.... if you run race gas just keep what you have.
I'm built/blown on e85 and tuned for such. It's got big ass cams/heads and so forth. (700 RWHP 3 valve) The plugs are very cold, it never did like idling around much. Fresh set of plugs and it should be just fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
Fabman said:
I'm built/blown on e85 and tuned for such. It's got big ass cams/heads and so forth. (700 RWHP 3 valve) The plugs are very cold, it never did like idling around much. Fresh set of plugs and it should be just fine.

E85 *and* supercharging *and* track time should put plugs on a *very* short replacement schedule.

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Grant 302 said:
E85 *and* supercharging *and* track time should put plugs on a *very* short replacement schedule.
You are right about that. Funny, I was just wondering when I should change them last week. At the drags it was easy, it would slow down as the plugs got tired. On track it's hard to say when power drops off. There's always more than enough of it. I'll start a more frequent regimen now that I know how far I can go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TMO Supporting Vendors