The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Unbelievable Luck!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
As some of you know, I have been waiting on a RR/Blk /recaro pkg ordered in April, still no build date or Vin. This morning I get a phone call. The Ford dealer I usually deal with just got in a RR/Wht with recaro pkg. I am a regular customer there, but I figured they would try to hit me with $5000 ADM. My regular salesguy went to bat and I JUST WALKED OUT OF THERE WITH MY CAR!!!
I paid MSRP. I just got back from my first ride and it is BADASS!! I am still in a daze, I cannot believe it.

One other thing - that leaves my original car spot open. It is at Sawgrass Ford in Sunrise, FL,
Salesperson is Richie Balvin - cell 954-471-6336. He said I should not have a problem getting my deposit back, and I promised I woud let you all know about the car and send him any leads. The car is MSRP and they have NO dealer fee there. So, $42,999 .....

Oh yeah - #716. Pics will follow!

I am freakin out here ... thought I wuld not be sitting in a car until November. Also they said Trackey programming should be available next month, for what that is worth.

Nice! I almost did that a few times! Hopefully mine will be here soon! Pics please! We are living through e guys who got cars already!!!

Uploader not cooperating.
I shrunk some quick camera pics to 56KB and still getting and error that uploader is full/try smaller file size. If I read correctly attachments can be up to 10000 KB?

Or contact an admin :-X

Congratulations! I've seen that same combo and I liked it a lot. You cannot upload photos here so use a hosting site like photobucket.

meanmud said:
714 would have been cool! (for anyone growing up in the 70's). ::)
Thanks for the nice comments. I feel great, but I also feel bad for all those waiting. It seems like I cheated.

I rode around the hood for a while, unfortunately during evening rush. ALready had a cop follow me for about a mile haha. The red will probably cause a lot of that. A beamer tried to race me down one street too.

The car feels great! Anyone who has not shifted for a while, no worries, she shifts very easily and has so much torque, even if you hit forth instead of second, there is no lag. I am not used to the tight 6 speed pattern, all the sticks I drove (as a kid mostly) where 3 and 4 speeds.

The only corner testing I got to try was some quick lefts and rights, but the car just foloows on a dime, no sway or skitter ,to use technical terms ;).

I am going to post a bunch of pics now over in the picture thread.

meanmud said:
BTW - totally dig the RR /white!!!

Funny story, like I said, I originally ordered RR/Blk. The other day I printed out a nice pic off a boss and posted it on my bulletin board at home in my office. I showed my wife and told her that this is my car. She noticed that it had white stripes and not black.
Funny how things work out - now it IS my car!

DigiCowboy said:
The car feels great! Anyone who has not shifted for a while, no worries, she shifts very easily and has so much torque, even if you hit forth instead of second, there is no lag.

I agree, it's been 8 years since I drove a stick. There is a ridiculous amount of torque, and getting used to the feel of the clutch and what not it was actually easier for me to start in 2nd gear instead of 1st. It's all good now though, and she just growls as she revs up in 1st gear, it's great.

Nccstud said:
it was actually easier for me to start in 2nd gear instead of 1st.

My 6 speed automatic vette DOES start in 2nd gear by default when you put it in shift mode. First gear is so low and so much torque on these cars I don't think it is necessary for city driving.

ufnavy06

Some say he has a tattoo of his face on his face.
DigiCowboy said:
meanmud said:
714 would have been cool! (for anyone growing up in the 70's). ::)
Thanks for the nice comments. I feel great, but I also feel bad for all those waiting. It seems like I cheated.

I rode around the hood for a while, unfortunately during evening rush. ALready had a cop follow me for about a mile haha. The red will probably cause a lot of that. A beamer tried to race me down one street too.

The car feels great! Anyone who has not shifted for a while, no worries, she shifts very easily and has so much torque, even if you hit forth instead of second, there is no lag. I am not used to the tight 6 speed pattern, all the sticks I drove (as a kid mostly) where 3 and 4 speeds.

The only corner testing I got to try was some quick lefts and rights, but the car just foloows on a dime, no sway or skitter ,to use technical terms ;).

I am going to post a bunch of pics now over in the picture thread.

You did cheat!!!! Cheater! ;) Just giving you a hard time. Glad you got the car and are able to enjoy it now. I wish I could say the same. But each day is one day closer.

I have 2 questions for anyone else that has gotten their car so far:

1. Did you get 1 or 2 regular key fobs. I only got 1 regular and the trackey. I wonder if they count that as the second?

2. Wasn't there supposed to be at least 1 performance gauge? I got nada.

Well, 60 miles and no ticket yet :D

Will take out the exhaust discs and drill them or leave them out completely depending on sound by this weekend. It is suprisingly quiet with them in. Needs some more grrrooooowlll! I just crawled under and looked and it should be a pretty quick job, cause the air ratchet will fit in there (love that thing). It was too dang hot for that this afternoon - the rest of you FL boys know what I mean.

I took mine out and left them out (15 min on a lift- most of that time admiring the engineering). So far no grief from the base police. The guys at work say it isn't too loud doing 35 mph, but it's another story when I rattle those bad boys on the freeway. Gotta turn up the radio. ;D

TMO Supporting Vendors