The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

unbelievable Motorcycle Accident

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Another member forwarded this to me today. Is it real or fake?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=dsWTXVGgZ3E

Thats a great video. however....if someone slams into the rear end of your car. Your first response would be to apply the brake wich would throw him foward and not land like that. I did enjoy it. Watched several times because its boggles the mind. Great job in photoshop or what ever they call it now a days. :)

To me, here's why its not real. The car changing lanes from right to left is changing awfully slow. Like old lady slow. And using its blinker.
The motorcycle guy would have seen it long before he made his move into the left lane. It's not like it just jumped in front of him.

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
DGRacing said:
To me, here's why its not real. The car changing lanes from right to left is changing awfully slow. Like old lady slow. And using its blinker.
The motorcycle guy would have seen it long before he made his move into the left lane. It's not like it just jumped in front of him.

I dunno. I used to ride and at high speed you can't just swerve a bike once you've committed to your line.

The curious part is why the car doing the filming was filming at all.

Fomoco302

Life is short. Live well!
[/quote]

If you go to YouTube and watch crash/fail videos a ton of them are apparently from Russia based on the vehicles and language spoken. In car cameras seem to be widely in use, I'm guessing because they drive so bad and folks want to CYA.

Grant 302

Fomoco302 said:
If you go to YouTube and watch crash/fail videos a ton of them are apparently from Russia based on the vehicles and language spoken. In car cameras seem to be widely in use, I'm guessing because they drive so bad and folks want to CYA.

Good point, thanks. I've heard of that, but I ASSumed it was a domestic.

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
Grant 302 said:
Good point, thanks. I've heard of that, but I ASSumed it was a domestic.

I work with Russians and former soviet state folks. The main reason they have cameras in their cars is to protect themselves against crooked cops. A cop cannot write a bogus ticket or ask/demand a bribe to "Forgive" an infraction that did not happen. Driving without a visible camera invites cops to abuse them.

Make me glad to be an American

Grant 302 said:
I dunno. I used to ride and at high speed you can't just swerve a bike once you've committed to your line.

Maybe. But you have brakes too. Those bikes are pretty nimble from what I know. But the other oddity is the riders trajectory. If you are going "significantly" faster than an immovable object you are going airborne for a good distance relative to the objects speed.

Grant 302

DGRacing said:
Maybe. But you have brakes too. Those bikes are pretty nimble from what I know. But the other oddity is the riders trajectory. If you are going "significantly" faster than an immovable object you are going airborne for a good distance relative to the objects speed.

You can see he didn't even try the brakes. Most riders making lane changes like that think they can 'thread the needle'.

For the physics...using the video and camera clocks I think he closes at only a rate of 65 to 75 feet per second or about 45 to 50 mph. So the relative speed isn't that crazy and explains the lack of forward motion considering the bike took all of the blow. Popping up is also a normal reaction for a motorcycle, not unlike an 'endo' stopping stunt.

No a perfect example, but I got hit by a car turning left in front of me while I was rolling at 30 mph he probably slowed to 10 or 15 mph to make the turn. I only rolled up about half way up his hood before rolling back off and onto the ground. No acrobatics from me, and I certainly didn't stick the landing. ;D

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel