The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Unpopular opinion: the latest, not the greatest Mustang Article

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Not sure I agree with this opinion but I will say my Boss 302 had more "personality" than my GT350. Clearly the GT350 is better in every aspect except personality. ;D Ford had to go IRS regardless of whether or not they sold it globally. What do you think?

http://www.autoblog.com/2016/03/16/sixth-generation-mustang-opinion/

IMG_4144.jpg

302 Hi Pro

Boss 302 - Racing Legend to Modern Muscle Car
Southeast
ArizonaBOSS said:
First reader comment nailed it, I think.

I think so too, but I had to search around to find it, so here is the readers response you mentioned:

By Matt the Pun Guy:

"I understand where he's coming from, though I heartily disagree. Where I take exception though is that, for years, Mustang has been ridiculed by Enthusiast publications and websites as being antiquated, needlessly hanging on to old technology like the live-rear axle in the name of tradition, all the while sacrificing performance in a "performance" car. Ford finally brings the car to the 21st Century, and lo-and-behold... now those same people who decried the old technology are bemoaning the lost nostalgia. Pick one, and stick with it. Stop complaining because you perceive it to be your job."

Thanks Matt!

302 Hi Pro

ArizonaBOSS said:
First reader comment nailed it, I think.

Agreed. And the follow up comments are all on point as well. Complaining seems to be the favorite thing for almost every automotive "journalist" out there. Until they find something that tickles their fancy and they go full on fanboi

I don't find my 350 lacking personality. it freakin' exudes in, IMO. I think the Boss has a great, but different, personality. I will say that when the S550 came out and I did some drives in GT's I felt that they lacked personality. For all the advances that Ford made with the S550, I really wish they'd pushed harder on weight reduction. It is the one place that would really liven up the car overall, and the place where competitors such as the Camaro are going to have a 'field day' (no pun intended) in the out years of the S550.

Weak article. As soon as he's about to make an argument against the Mustang, he goes Porsche on us and ends up making not real argument at all.

DEye

You can't get there from here...
With any car, the zealots are going to complain about the changes to the *next* model that make it different from the one they know and love !
I certainly wasnt too keen on the model changes they made after the 2012 MY, but If they had not made the changes from the Previous model, I (we) would not have Our Bosses ?..

Change gives the choices we have, otherwise we'd all still be driving model T's

A###### and opinions everybody's got one :p

Fomoco302

Life is short. Live well!
DEye said:
With any car, the zealots are going to complain about the changes to the *next* model that make it different from the one they know and love !
I certainly wasnt too keen on the model changes they made after the 2012 MY, but If they had not made the changes from the Previous model, I (we) would not have Our Bosses ?..

Change gives the choices we have, otherwise we'd all still be driving model T's

A###### and opinions everybody's got one :p

And they both stink!

TMO Supporting Vendors