The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Up for Auction: 1967 Ford GT40 Prototype

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This should go for a LOT of money. I was in Monterey two years ago when the GT40 used in filming LeMans went for $11M. This one could go for more. My guess is $12M what's yours?

http://www.autoblog.com/2014/03/12/1964-ford-gt40-prototype-auction/

1964-Ford-GT40-Prototype-013.jpg

Fomoco302

Life is short. Live well!
Based on the January auctions which were strong lets go $13.5m. If you want me to go to the auction here in Houston and bid for you just get me your cashiers check in time! ;D

I'll guess $8 million.
"a fire forced it to retire. It was then repainted and had a 4.7-liter (289-cubic-inch) engine fitted."

I think it not being all original will hurt the auction hammer price. I also think the 1968 GT40 that set the record on an American car being auctioned for $11 mil was because it had both track and movie history. george Lucas was bidding against Mrs. Miller.

From what Miller Motor Sports park museum has now, the worlds only collection with all models of the GT40 built, this one would fit right into that collection. We were told at boss track attack that Mrs. Miller won the bid on the 1968 GT40 gulf/mirage used in the movie Le Mans over a phone bidder (George Lucas).

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel