The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

UPDATE / Ford aftermarket rear seat delete fastener part #'s

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Now that my rear seat delete kit is installed using the Southco fasteners as listed in my previous post I wanted to post an update. The elusive 1/4 turn fasteners used to attach the large curved piece of the rear seat delete kit to the piece that goes behind the x-brace needed to be 3/4" long and not the 1" long that I ordered. The fasteners are exactly the same, just 1/4" different in length. To correct this problem I went to Ace Hardware and found some 1/4" thick rubber grommets that worked perfectly and you can't even tell they are there...helps that everything is black !!

The fasteners needed to secure the front of the large curved piece of the rear seat delete just need to be at least 1" long and have a head size of at least 3/4" and sized to fit into a 1/4" hole. Standard christmas tree style fasteners can be used here with no problems.

The "correct" fastener part #'s if anyone needs them for the 1/4" turn fasteners are;

1/4 turn post / insert as sold by Ford in their fastener kit / Southco part #D1-444-075-030. I could not find a stocking Southco dealer that had these fasteners in stock so I ordered Southco part #D1-004-100-030...this is the fastener that is 1" long that I needed the grommets for. The CORRECT 3/4" length fastener part number is #D1-004-075-030. (The only difference between the fasteners that Ford uses in their kit and the ones I used is the Ford uses have an extended head that you can turn with your fingers...the ones I used just need to be turned with a flat head screwdriver). Remember, these fasteners are 1/4 turn to lock and don't need to be forced or tightened like a screw or bolt.

1/4 turn locking speednut / Southco part #D1-004-922-010

Long post and lot of information for 4 small fasteners....but instead of paying about $45 for the Ford fastener kit (or even finding it on sale for about $21.00) I spent about $5.00 total.

TMO Supporting Vendors