The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

updated pics Mar 21, 2013: HRE P45S wheels on (now lowered) RR Boss

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

four-walling

Kerry, San Diego
HRE P45S wheels, 9's and 10's, on 19" wheels manufactured to Boss 302 Laguna Seca spec.

The vendor hired a professional photographer for "glamour shots". I will post those pics when they are available.

NOTE: The vehicle is still at factory height. I am planning on having the lowering springs installed this weekend.

HRE5_zps9f19b65e.jpg

HRE7Adoubleplus_zps6e0769fe.jpg

1ceb05d2-3d85-4aa6-8a60-44fa9e1747a0_zpsebfebe96.jpg

HRE3A_zpsb7f1484e.jpg

Re: HRE P45S wheels on RR Boss

Ah you finally got them, congratulations. They look awesome!

four-walling

Kerry, San Diego
Re: HRE P45S wheels on RR Boss

ArizonaGT said:
That is an interesting Carrot-Girl/Totem you've got there, btw

"Lulu" is a ceramic and her head is one, solid piece of heavy clay.

One day, a good, solid earthquake will probably topple her.

Re: pics: HRE P45S wheels on RR Boss

four-walling said:
HRE P45S wheels, 9's and 10's, on 19" wheels manufactured to Boss 302 Laguna Seca spec.

The vendor hired a professional photographer for "glamour shots". I will post those pics when they are available.

NOTE: The vehicle is still at factory height. I am planning on having the lowering springs installed this weekend.

HRE5_zps9f19b65e.jpg

HRE7Adoubleplus_zps6e0769fe.jpg

1ceb05d2-3d85-4aa6-8a60-44fa9e1747a0_zpsebfebe96.jpg

HRE3A_zpsb7f1484e.jpg

Those are terrific albeit REALLY expensive wheels. Nice set up. Once springs go on, it will look much better....

four-walling

Kerry, San Diego

I concur, but their quality is terrific.

Even the barrels have the same finish as the face of the wheel.

Man, you just can't go wrong with a classic 5 spoke design. It's such a simple design, but works so well on the Boss. It just looks so clean and purposeful. I like these...A LOT. Can I ask you how much they set you back?

four-walling

Kerry, San Diego

Bossy1908 said:
Man, you just can't go wrong with a classic 5 spoke design. It's such a simple design, but works so well on the Boss. It just looks so clean and purposeful. I like these...A LOT. Can I ask you how much they set you back?

They retail for $1700 each plus $200 each for the hand brushed clear coat finish. A typical discount is 10%.

Unfortunately they do not give these wheels away.

On the plus side, they are manufactured specifically for your car, includes center caps and all bolts are locking requiring a specific key for your set to remove.

four-walling

Kerry, San Diego

I rationalized the purchase this way:

What are the wheels worth in the future either on or off the car?

I figure about $4K. $8K minus $4K means the wheels only cost $4K!

How's my math?

:)

BTW my spouse, who doesn't care much about cars said: "wow, those wheels really make the car!". That was a relief.

four-walling

Kerry, San Diego
Re: updated pics-car lowered Mar 21, 2013: HRE P45S wheels on RR Boss

P springs (rear only), jounce stops and adjustable Panhard bar added March 21, 2013:

b94a767a-f81b-4301-b946-12e7ac355eb6_zps18e45561.jpg

lower5_zpsa609d2f8.jpg

c096bdf1-f70c-42d9-9903-236eca89bec5_zpsb19d0bfc.jpg

four-walling

Kerry, San Diego
I bought my HRE wheels through TAG Motorsports located in north county, San Diego. Alex and Sean were great help.

TAG Motorsports-my Boss pics on their website: (pics are before they lowered the car)

rs_715x461_image_2.jpg

image_1.jpg

image_2.jpg

http://www.tagmotorsports.com/igallery/details/view/projectid/189/

TMO Supporting Vendors