The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

UPS delivers the Roush Axle Backs!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Roush's installed.

First Impression: Louder, definitely louder and much deeper. Also, they look much better. The rolled tips are really great looking. Much more aggressive looking and protrude further out from the vehicle.

Much lighter than stock. Performance? Red Key, not very noticeable. However, with the Silver Key it sure feels more responsive. Is it just me or is there better performance? ArizonaGT, maybe you know about this?

Negative? A definite drone @ 2100 RPM. I can change gears and deal with it, but it's there.

If you want louder, deeper, then the Roush AB's should be considered.

steveespo

Lord knows I'm a Voodoo Child
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Cookeville TN
Corsa Sport or Extreme absolutely no drone and best of both worlds. Quiet on cruise, Banshee at full throttle, great on overrun poping and growl. I have had Borla, Roush and GT500s on the car as well. Sadly Roush was 4th best of the lot, lasted one week before I sold them at a $100 loss.
Steve

Update:

Not sure why I thought there was better performance with Silver and not Red Key? I drove it last night hard with the Red Key and there is noticeable difference with both Silver and Red Key.

Not sure about HP claims by Roush, but I can feel a little performance.

My wife met up with me and followed me back to the house; she could tell a huge difference in the sound, which is what we wanted.

The drone is bothering me, driving and shifting around it anyway.

Side pipes sound different also.

So far, I'm extremely pleased.

Boss949 said:
Update:

Not sure why I thought there was better performance with Silver and not Red Key? I drove it last night hard with the Red Key and there is noticeable difference with both Silver and Red Key.

Not sure about HP claims by Roush, but I can feel a little performance.

My wife met up with me and followed me back to the house; she could tell a huge difference in the sound, which is what we wanted.

The drone is bothering me, driving and shifting around it anyway.

Side pipes sound different also.

So far, I'm extremely pleased.
Supposedly with the side pipes completely open and free flowing mufflers you can pick up about 5 HP. More if you're running boost.

As you decrease back pressure by opening up the rear mufflers you get less sound from the side pipes so you're not imagining it.

5 Dot 0,

Thanks, I'm not an engineer, so all the tech info helps.

Plus, and I'm sure this is probably valid for other major brands; The Roush's sound way deeper than any of the videos, sound clips, etc.

The barks from the side pipes are deeper also. It's all good.

MLM

Mike
It seems like reducing the back pressure would help a tiny bit but the computer has such tight control over the engine that you really need a tune to make any appreciable difference in HP.

TMO Supporting Vendors