The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

UPS just brought my Boss Ownkers Kit!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Less than two months have passed since I bought the Boss. Apparently they require signature for it too.

Here goes:

BOK1.jpg
BOK2.jpg
BOK3.jpg
BOK4.jpg
BOK5.jpg
BOK6.jpg
BOK7.jpg
BOK8.jpg
BOK9.jpg

Like a kid in a candy store. Have to tell my wife that tonight is reserved for watching the DVD and reading the book. ;D

Since the first 2013 deliveries were about six weeks ago, I am curious if any 2013 owners have received this yet?

shuvl70

2013 Grabber Blue #216
AZ
Hpfisterer said:
coboss said:
Since the first 2013 deliveries were about six weeks ago, I am curious if any 2013 owners have received this yet?
Are they even giving them to 2013 owners?
Per Ford Racing....2013 owners will receive the Boss Owners Kit. The 2013 kits will start shipping out to owners around the end of July or beginning of August.

coboss said:

I got my '13 Boss May 4, and know nothing about an Owner's Kit. I was surprised to see the post.
The dealer never mentioned anything about it, so I'll have to research it now. It looks nice.

Is this something that was explicity requested to Ford as proof of the car's authenticity and build number?
I thought I saw on another thread that one could ask Ford for a certificate as proof of the build, maybe for a small fee.

shuvl70

2013 Grabber Blue #216
AZ
Ford Racing is responsible for sending the owners kits out using your information from the purchase documents. I don't believe the dealers have anything to do with it.

I'm pretty sure they'll redesign the Owners Kit for 2013. It would be a bit silly to send us 2013 owners a kit filled with artwork featuring a 2012 Boss... I'm guessing it will be a while before we get them.

TheMarco said:
I'm pretty sure they'll redesign the Owners Kit for 2013. It would be a bit silly to send us 2013 owners a kit filled with artwork featuring a 2012 Boss... I'm guessing it will be a while before we get them.
Agreed with that. So is the guess on the ETA for 13 owners July?

Got my RR '12 Boss 302 this past Memorial Day... will the dealer automatically notify Ford to send me the Owner's Kit? The salesperson never mentioned about this kit... I just discovered about it online in the forums.

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
Bossing302 said:
Got my RR '12 Boss 302 this past Memorial Day... will the dealer automatically notify Ford to send me the Owner's Kit? The salesperson never mentioned about this kit... I just discovered about it online in the forums.
my dealer didnt do anything nor did I and mine showed up at my door about a month after I bought mine

batman48195

I never get tired of driving it!
Bossing302 said:

Most dealers aren't aware as some didn't even know about a Boss Mustang last year. When the dealer reports the sale to Ford to start the warranty, etc. that starts the ball rolling.

Brian

So, I got my owners kit last night and was flipping though it and noticed my owners certificate has a misprint. The line ...produced at Auto Alliance International on DATE..., instead of it being a date it has 904000. Anybody have any idea who I'd contact to get a new certificate?

Jason

jskwarek said:
So, I got my owners kit last night and was flipping though it and noticed my owners certificate has a misprint. The line ...produced at Auto Alliance International on DATE..., instead of it being a date it has 904000. Anybody have any idea who I'd contact to get a new certificate?

Jason
Call Ford Racing using the toll free number that you'll find when goggling it.

four-walling

Kerry, San Diego
Bossing302 said:

Once the selling dealer reports the vehicle as sold to Ford, you probably get on their list to receive the Boss Owner's Package.

MA
The Owner's Kit is a nice touch.

I was so happy reading through mine, my eyes started to get watery!

Just another benefit of buying one of the best muscle cars on the market. As if we needed anymore incentive.

TMO Supporting Vendors