The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Use our numbers to get better pricing?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hello,

I've seeing the post on tires. Has anybody considered contacting a TireRack, DiscountTiresDirect.com etc and see if there are any discounts to be had in numbers? Then look to get a referral number we all use when purchasing to continually trying to get better pricing?

Also, not only for tires but possibly for other products as well.

Sounds like a great idea...I wonder if there are enough of us to convince them to give a discount...

I'm talking to a sales person at DiscountTireDirect.com. I'm was down to $780 delivered on a set of staggered Hankook V12's.

Think I'm going to go that route and if I do I'll ask him.

MrGT5oh said:
I'm only interested in the original Pirelli's for the LS.

If there is enough interest, I would be willing to contact Tirerack and ask about a discount.

The goal would be not short term but see if we could get a referral code. Then everytime we purchase tires from TireRack use the code so we and they can keep track of the business we generate.

MrGT5oh, there are some new 285/35/19's LS OEM Pirelli's on Ebay listed for $279. I got two of them and the look to be legit. Called the guy and he somehow got them from Saleen when they filed bankruptcy.

frosty said:
MrGT5oh said:
I'm only interested in the original Pirelli's for the LS.

If there is enough interest, I would be willing to contact Tirerack and ask about a discount.

The goal would be not short term but see if we could get a referral code. Then everytime we purchase tires from TireRack use the code so we and they can keep track of the business we generate.

MrGT5oh, there are some new 285/35/19's LS OEM Pirelli's on Ebay listed for $279. I got two of them and the look to be legit. Called the guy and he somehow got them from Saleen when they filed bankruptcy.

Excellent, I'll check out Ebay. Thanks for the tip.

MrGT5oh said:
Thanks Frosty!

I just picked up a set this afternoon. Bought two for the price of one.

FYI. I hope you got my PM's about the tires. I checked the DOT #'s and mine are 0708 & 0808. So the are 08 tires.

I'm going to track but not heavy duty all out. Plus I'm going to store them in a climate controlled environment. Actually I'm going to take the ones I ordered, put them on wheels and run them now and save the tires that came on it for last.

P.S. On this auction, I've been getting them for $225 a tire and then $57 shipping for both. $507 delivered. It's listed he has 3 more sets.

Yes I got your PM's...thanks again.

I'm not too worried about them being a couple years old as I'm sure I will burn them up waaaay before they start to go bad. ;D

I pulled the trigger on a set of Hankook v12's for the road. I asked my salesman to get me a referral code or something of the sort that we could use and give to friends to use if we purchase tires there.

He said he would look into it.

He actually gave me a price match against some Toyo Tires I was looking at and I got a pretty good deal.

Not posting the exact numbers but the price online is negotiable. I got the certificates for replacement on all 4 for $72.50. (Not sure about the warranty but for $72.50 and what he saved me on the tires, I went with it.)

DiscountTiresDirect (They are a sister company of Discount Tires.)
Salesman Earl

(800) 707-8473 Ext 51880

No affiliation with this company, I just found out about them as they had some Used Tires for sale on Ebay. Went to their website and called them for the first time this week.

TMO Supporting Vendors