The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

User error

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glad you’re ok!

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Pleasanton: 1/2 way between Sonoma and Laguna Seca
me too...

Glad it was a soft spin and your okay, Hard spin= wall, car, ect. I am still finding rocks and things 4 years after spinning into the dirt at Button Willow, lost the back end going from the Truck stop to Riverside at 100 mph

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
Thanks, and yeah, I expect there to be a bunch of crap stuck in the defroster vent and ductwork until the dash comes off and apart. Even the top of the driver window seal had a good tablespoonful in the channel.

I had the exact same spin happen to me a few months ago in the same corner. Then I have had 3 spins off at Buttonwillow all at 100 MPH. When I tore out my whole interior over the past 2 months, I must have pulled 30 pounds of rocks and dust and crap out of the car.

Go to the end of video. That one was up there on the pucker factor. I threw it off to the right because if I went left, that would have been direct wall contact.

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
14199653_10154450755053535_940626865435786811_n.jpg

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
I must not be trying hard enough ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

302 Hi Pro

Boss 302 - Racing Legend to Modern Muscle Car
Southeast
Drew:
You handled that well, happy to see you’re ok and no catastrophic damage to your car or others. Having to polish & clean is a good thing, all things considered.

Lotta skid marks on that track...you guys weren't the only ones having a little trouble............Glad both of you came out with just some cleaning up to do instead of fixing$$$up. A couple of egos may have been bruised but I'm sure they will rebound!....;)...Give that dog a milkbone or something..............

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Santiago, Chile
Glad you and your car got through that ok!! Nice to see a track with out noise restrictions!! Those cobras sounded great driving by!

Thanks for posting that!! Now I dont feel so bad LOL!

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel