The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Valet Key?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ok so here is my problem I was given two keys when I bought the car one regular one red/track key had the track key programmed so now I have one regular key how do I get another regular key and a valet key programmed?

jeepinocala said:
Ok so here is my problem I was given two keys when I bought the car one regular one red/track key had the track key programmed so now I have one regular key how do I get another regular key and a valet key programmed?

I am sorry, I don't know how to explain this better. Forget about the Trackey programming when making an extra key, think of the redkey as a key not a Trackey.

You have two keys, with that you can make a third key that starts the car. I posted how to do that here.

Take the third key and follow the instructions on making a MyKey in the manual.

I am trying to explain this the best I can, this is not meant to be rude at all but I don't know what else I can say.

I just made one a couple days ago, and it works with Trackey. $35 for the non-button version, then I used my Trackey and my regular key to program it. I did not have the theft light come on after I programmed it (the manual said it would iirc) but it works.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel