The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

VCT Camshaft Solenoid bolt torque

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Can someone verify for me that the torque value on the VCT Cam Solenoid bolts is 70 in-lb plus 30 degrees? I have looked everywhere and only found this on a pdf out on the web.
Thanks.

Well I hope I don't have to remove the front cover to replace them. That would be a PITA!
Here is the PDF I found on the web. Might be of some use to others.

Attachments

• FordInstShtM-6007-A50NA.pdf
    1 MB · Views: 103
Last edited:

steveespo

Lord knows I'm a Voodoo Child
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Cookeville TN
That is correct torque Bill. Only cam covers have to come off to change them. When you install them you just use a feeler gauge or tin strip of metal to keep the pin depressed to clear the cam. It is really easy. Just make sure to clean the cam cover gasket with Dawn dishwashing soap (or buy new) and get all the old rtv off at the head to front cover joints. Use either Motorcraft TA-30 or Permatex Ultra Black RTV sealant at the joints when reinstalling.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel