The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Vegans For All?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChrisM

Mostly harmless.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
South Carolina
I could be talked into believing this if every solution that was offered didn't involve switching to a command economy with money flowing to the same people who already seem intent on reshaping things into utopia.

Sorry Rick, it's hard not to get political about it when it seems like politics is the only thing that's driving it. When I was a kid, I read all about how global cooling was dooming us to another ice age. Then it was global warming. Now it's just "climate change" and every new disaster has people running off the cliff like lemmings. Climate changes. It always has. We most definitely have some impact on it, but it's conceited human nature to imagine we are having this massive, world-changing impact on something that has so many variables we can't even begin to imagine how they impact one another.

Besides, I've got a Mustang. It's just like a Falcon. I'll throw a .50 cal on the back of my pick-up, add a supercharger to the 'Stang, and go raiding for guzzoline when the end comes. Until then, you can pry my delicious steak from my cold, dead hands (assuming you get past the hail of gunfire). Veganism is a rich person's diet that relies on the same economic system they're blaming for the destroying the environment.

Okay, rant off.

Doomsday.png

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
Chris

Were we separated at Birth?

I also wonder how the solutions presented equal a solution to the problem.

We make the cleanest power of all the developed world. We spend more on environmental protection than many nations GDP. Still, the solution was to give the mass polluters "Incentives" without any requirements, Binding Requirements. Just insane.

If you want to spin the equation a bit. Its the cities which consume power, produce waste and Do Not have capacity to convert CO2 into oxygen anywhere near the scale in which they produce. They ain"t green. Sanction the cities......Problem solved. Not a workable solution?? Yea....I know. Almost like the Paris accords.

I wonder if Hamilton was sitting in a mansion, luxury apartment or one bedroom efficiency apartment when he wrote his opinion.

Build nuclear, build hydro electric, build solar and wind. Then have a steak to celebrate our carbon negative existence. Replacing the meat in a burger??

Of course, he opened a vegan restaurant. Don't look behind the curtain folks. LOL.

Yea he's a total hypocrite. Driving an F1 car for a living and flying around in a private jet. What are the carbon emissions of that circus? If he was serious he'd retire and start walking to his new cave. Certainly he has enough money. He states he opened a vegan hamburger restaurant. I hope they sell the Ultimate Burger which is the one that Burger King is selling. If you haven't tried it yet it's quite good.

https://impossiblefoods.com/

TMSBOSS

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
Its kind of like listening to a guy who throws a ball, flings a puck or runs like the wind. They know so little outside their specialty. They have puppet masters directing their opinions of world events. Why do we listen??

ChrisM

Mostly harmless.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
South Carolina
I am all in favor of nuclear energy as a way to provide clean energy, but I don't see that being presented as a viable option except for a small subset of the green movement that supports it. Don't get me wrong, I do what I can to be a steward of my environment. I'm not always the best at it (I have a Mustang...and an F-150...), but I do try, and that's because I care about my community. If the powers that be want to keep pushing this and mean it, I fully support them finding ways (i.e. removing red tape) to make nuclear energy a viable market option and for communities to encourage people to take care of each other. That won't happen though because it would interfere with the move to a command economy (see AOC's Green New Deal as an example). Everything else is just a scam to move money to the same stuffed pockets. That won't happen, so you can keep pushing your doomsday cult, Mr. Hamilton, and I'll be happy to keep ignoring you.

For the record...there are some really darn good veggie burger options out there. Wegmans had this fantastic Southwest black bean patty that we ate weekly, though not for any social signaling reasons.

@TMSBOSS People listen to them because they have a platform and it's easier to go with the mob than it is to walk a different (lonely) path.

TMSBOSS

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
ChrisM

I have no problem walking alone. Just ask my family.

The Green Movement was everything to do with Green. Has nothing to do with the environment. Ask Al Gore. He cashed out at $100mil.

Nuke power in the first world is safe. The numbers prove it. Solar and wind still have climate related issues. Batteries can only do so much. When the weather is bad and solar and wind cant keep up with demand, we depend on Fossil Fuel plants to pick up the slack. That gap has to be filled BEFORE solar and wind and be viable universal options.

I challenge the millennial who are hook line and sinker on board with the green deal to explain how that concept will work. None have. They are confused between goals and process.

TMSBOSS

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
I know a few Ukrainian pilots who have been to Chernobyl since the accident (Operator Screw Up). Scary to look at pictures they have taken of clotheslines with remnants of clothing still on them years later. Overflight, no landings. Pure arrogance and a lack of controls lead up to this issue.

Modern, regulated Nuclear power is the logical way forward. Once solar and wind can be improved with a practical battery system, Carbon will be a non-issue. The fossil fuel plants will go away with obsolescence.

Back to the original point of the post...... Where Do I get a 1/2 lbs cheeseburger, Large Fries and a small diet coke at 8:00PM??. I am on a diet after all. LOL:p

Kind of a tough situation. He's competing in a sport that isn't very climate friendly, but trying to do his part in other ways.

There's a lot of conflicting propaganda in this space. Busses running around San Fransisco declaring zero emissions. Really? Where does the electricity come from? Tesla's with plates saying the same? What about the end to end energy and disposal cost of Li Ion batteries?

And here's a classic:

Image 10-24-19 at 9.34 PM.jpg

ChrisM

Mostly harmless.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
South Carolina
I have a hard time believing that the giant fields of solar arrays that would be required to make up for fossil fuels powering cities, electrical grids, and transportation are somehow more environmentally friendly than the fossil fuels they'll be replacing. Once the rare earth metals are mined and manufactured (probably largely by China, who doesn't care about this) and then the giant reflective surface it creates get going, I'd that really better than the filtered smokestacks they're replacing?

ChrisM

Mostly harmless.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
South Carolina
He's right about using social media how he wants, more power to him. Street corner guy I posted above is doing the same with that cardboard box. Rock on, man.

And I will give him credit if he really is doing the things he says he is while still racing. I wouldn't work for the guy, but I applaud him for trying to stick to his beliefs while enjoying his career.

He's still wrong and the whole thing is still a sham.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
Alonso's various responses were pretty spot-on. That being said, it would probably be for the best. I'm not in a hurry to get on that bandwagon--but I have been eating healthier in general in the past year than probably the last decade.

TMO Supporting Vendors