The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Very interesting tour of the Mini plant

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

As a gift last Christmas my fiance booked us in for a tour of the Mini plant, because why not? we drive by it a couple times a week. Because the tour is rather popular, the earliest date she could get was 2-1/2 months out, which was tonight.

The tour itself is quite cool, and the group was unusually small tonight, so the guide squeezed us into spots we wouldn't normally go. However, it was only about 2/3rds of the way through the tour when he mentioned that the reason we were seeing a mix of old and new models coming down the line. It's because tonight was the night the batch of 100 PP cars were being built. A pretty sweet treat. :)

Then there was the car sitting on the side of the line under a cover, the one the guide said he's not supposed to mention. ;) And yes, there was talk of sightings of the four door(!?!) model as well....

All in all a most pleasant surprise.

Very cool but no photos?

ufnavy06

Some say he has a tattoo of his face on his face.
My Miniac friends, as they like to be called, would be quite jealous. However, I'm sure a few got a tour for the MINI 50th back in 2009(?).

TMO Supporting Vendors